Our donor said yes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Her first appointment isn't until the end of January ... So more waiting :s
    But at least the ball is rolling )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hate the waiting and the time difference. I have to wait until Monday for my treatment plan but it went great with our donor's test yay!
    Last edited by angelmama74; 07-12-2013 at 19:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel mama how much time difference was there between asking the donor and getting testing done for you?

7 weeks seems like a very Long time to have to wait...

We were hoping to have a treatment plan done before Christmas so we could at least book annual leave and flights...

Thanks
    Reviews
    It only took a couple of weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Who is your Dr Blinky?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky - we had to wait about 5-6 weeks as well for them to test our donor, the psych test took another couple of weeks beyond that... but then it all happened very quickly.

Because the donor is volunteering their time, it has to be at a time that suits them - and then the CFC has to have an appointment available, so that can push it out a bit I guess?

The waiting to book flights etc was a very frustrating time indeed, but the clinic tell you not to do it until everything is confirmed. The other thing is if you have specific dates that you want to go, make sure that the CFC reconfirm these dates with the donor at her check ups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your kind words everyone. Good news and bad news....

Bad news - baby has a cleft lip. Good news- its not linked to chromosomal issues.

We cant tell just yet if the palate is involved, but hopefully during a scan a little later on. Fetal medicine doctor said that on the scale of 'bad things', its minor.

The news has been with us for a week now, so it is settling with us. Originally we just couldn't accept that such a random event could hit us, especially when it has taken us so long to get pregnant. It is just purely bad luck.

I have some really good 3D pictures for the first time and I am TOTALLY in love!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement and support. Xxxxx

Yesterday was a long and stressful day...started at 4am for the flight and we fell into bed at about 12.30 last night...of course the flight home was delayed!! Today I felt like I had a hangover....so much information from yesterday, I felt I had been beaten around the head a bit!! DP and I decided to have a lounging around recovery day, which I think has done us the world of good.

I hope to be back into 'life' again tomorrow and check out all your news. Guess what laned....next post and my signature will reflect that our beautiful son or daughter is on the way!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sunny, I feel for you and such a long, emotionally charged day, though that must be a relief in so many ways. My girlfriend had twins, a boy and a girl, and little Jack had a cleft lip. It wasn't too major, and he had a couple of little operations and has a wee scar that actually looks quite distinguished and he is fine. I hope it is the same for your little one, nothing major and can be sorted. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friends son also had a cleft and they spent a lot of time rubbing cream into the scar and now you wouldn't even notice.