+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How many expecting Mum's are experiencing difficulty sleeping?

Hi Ladies,

My name is Bec and I am currently studying with the International Maternity Institute to become a Maternity and Child Sleep Consultant. As part of my course I need to be involved with forums and conduct several surveys over the course of my study. I was hoping you may be able to help me with my first survey which is 'Sleep Issues During Pregnancy'.

If you are experiencing any type of sleep problem ie. trouble falling/staying asleep, frequent bathroom trips, waking through the night wide awake etc etc please drop a quick line to let me know - I sincerely appreciate all of your help on this.

Bec

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having difficulty in sleeping when I was pregnant with the 2nd baby. Mainly because I can't sleep on my side all the time I feel numbness every time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Feel free to inbox me any questions and I'll be more than happy to respond.

Currently 26 weeks with first baby and sleep seems like an amazing word lol but I don't get much these days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sleep has never been a friend of mine, but it has gotten a lot worse. I'm 32 weeks and have all kinds of sleep issues.

Life - Complicated, but well worth the effort ~ Billy Connolly

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keerah View Post
    Sleep has never been a friend of mine, but it has gotten a lot worse. I'm 32 weeks and have all kinds of sleep issues
    This ^^ my main issue is really bad RLS. I have had nights (yes plural!) Of literally no sleep. It's better now with magnesium being taken at night, but the dose to completely kick it would probably not be safe. I also am on iron tablets (low iron is also linked to rls apparently, though I'm on them for low haemoglobin). Still lucky to get 5hrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Currently 34 weeks pregnant and sleep is shocking, rolling back and forth every 20 mins - half an hour all night because of rib pain. I tend to sleep better when I have a day time nap, probably because I'm so tired from the night before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Currently 41 weeks pregnant & sleep wasn't a problem up until about a month ago. Toss & turn all night long & constantly getting pains in my hips & down the leg I'm lying on. How I would love to sleep on my back or just lie on it & feel comfortable!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want to thank you all for your replies and taking the time to help me out on this
    you guys rock! I hope in a few weeks I will be able to provide some suggestions for you guys in the hope of getting a better night sleep before the little ones arrive x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there! I'm only 9 weeks pregnant and struggle getting to sleep every night even though I feel very tired. I then sleep lightly and wake up several times - usually because I'm too hot or need to pee. Hope this helps =)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi locobex,
    would I be able to join the group please. I am almost 32 weeks now and I am having alot of difficulties sleeping. Most night I will be lucky to get 4 straight hours, I wake up most night after 2-3 hours wide awake as if I just slept a solid 12 hours straight