Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so sorry xxxxx sending you lots of love and hugs xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry, just so sad.

Don't put pressure on yourself to bond with your baby, it will happen in time, try not to give yourself one more thing to worry about, and please, I know it won't change how you feel, but I hope you don't blame yourself for too long, it certainly wasn't your fault xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'm so sorry oh my god I have lost a child to SIDS and was pregnant shortly afterwards and you know it actually saved me from god only knows what. I really didn't care if I lived or died when my son died but when I found out I was pregnant I had a reason to go on. I was worried like you are for most of the pregnancy, especially since in my grief i was desperate for another boy. I found out she was a girl at 20 weeks and was a little disappointed but I got used to the idea by the end of the pregnancy. And let me tell you i bonded with that baby girl and then some, she was such a mumas girl. She was pure sunshine in my life- she was literally born right as the sun rose, the delivery room was filled with golden light when she came out. She is 12 years old now and we are still very close, and I think it's because honestly she gave me a new lease on life when I was at my lowest. I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but this baby is an absolute blessing. It doesn't replace your precious boy in any way, no one can but honestly you will love this baby and that love will help soothe your heartache somewhat. Just give yourself time to adjust to it all. Losing a child is just the most agonizing feeling in the world. I couldn't even sit still with the pain at first and then when I did I couldn't really get up either Oh hon, it's so hard to comprehend I know *Massive hugs*
    Last edited by KaraB; 25-11-2013 at 08:40.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

littlejack2012  (27-11-2013),michellek  (25-11-2013),My Beloved Ones  (24-11-2013),ozeymumof5  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor poor thing.

I just wanted to offer huge hugs.

I have seen 2 children die from pneumococcal meningitis and both while being sick when they arrived at hospital - we're very much alive and deteriorated so rapidly in front of everyone's eyes that by the time the diagnosis was made the damage was done and no amount of treatment they had already had or were about to have would've helped.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I like to think that you have a special little angel sent from its big brother to keep you going.

Also, please take the opportunity to speak to a counsellor or someone. There should have been some services offered by the hospital, if not it's worth calling the social worker that you death with as it is important to get out how you feel.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (24-11-2013),littlejack2012  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    I am so sorry for your loss. No parent should have to go through losing a child.

★me & he = ds 17/9/13★

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs. Please don't feel that you did anything wrong, meningitis is terrible because it looks like so many other things and because it progresses so quickly. Maybe a support group where you can talk with other people that have lost young children would be helpful.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (25-11-2013),littlejack2012  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Try and think of your pregnancy as a gift sent from your son who's looking down on you. He's giving you his blessing. X

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.
    Last edited by dee1; 24-11-2013 at 22:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry OP. Sending my love and strength to you and your family. RIP beautiful boy. Life is so unfair. Please look after yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful little boy .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Please look after yourself, it's certainly not your fault in any way, it is a devastating disease that strikes so quickly. A new Bub could never replace your son, but they can still be a blessing, I'm sure your Bub will love hearing of their big brother as well.