+ Reply to Thread
    tulip79 is offline There's only one beautiful child in the world and every mother has it.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Parents with corporate careers with 3 or more kids?

Hi, one of the factors in deciding to have a third child for us, is how we'll mange the balance of both having corporate careers as well as being share primary carers. I actually don't know anyone myself who maintains a corporate career at 3-5 days a week, and has 3 or more kids. Now, I can see that there seems to be a very good reason for that, but really keen to her from anyone who is managing it, what your thought process was in deciding to have more than 2 kids, and how managing your corporate career with your family being impacted.
    I don't mean those of you who have part time jobs in blue or white collar industries, I mean those thy work for higher pressure corporate companies where flexibility and expectation can be daily factor.
    Also, DH and I are shared primary carers in a loving family home, and spend a lot of quality time with our kids, so it's not a question of whether we should work or choose family, it's about how people manage that are in this situation already. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi there - I work in that type of environment. I only have one child but wanted to let you know that my boss has three and works four days and that works well for her! Her DH is not in the corporate world though so that likely makes it easier.

In my previous job my boss also had three but she had a nanny. Worked out cheaper than 3 kids in daycare of course and was more convenient.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

tulip79  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tulip
    My husband and I both have high pressure jobs. We have 3 and I am now pregnant with number 4. We both work 4days a week which works well. The two little ones are in child care, they do one day at home with carer (this means we both know we can leave early or work late that day, and in child care 2dys a week...and our school girl does after school care on those days too. Seems to work well.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to First timer For This Useful Post:

tulip79  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing. I have a professional career that can involve some 'drop everything and work late' emergency type moments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same here. Although I have number 3 on the wsy this week so ive been off since june and have just been consulting. Hubby is in corporate finance with alot of chinese and american investors so he very much operates on world time. Im in the medical field and consult to.lots of different hospitals and practices and also child services. It can be tough but we are very much on the same page in regards to our family. I have accepted a position in our local hospital next june. I suspect it will be no harder with 3. I will have dd and ds both primary school age next year. The bub has a spot in the daycare near my hospital. Both dd and ds will be in after school care 4 afternoons a week. Im going to be on a 5 day on 4 day roster and will be occasionally on call on my days off. But in my field its very rare we get a call unless one of the others is away sick. Obviously with daycare this roster isnt going to work like clockwork but dh can step in that case. It all sounds great in theory doesnt it?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

tulip79  (25-11-2013)

tulip79 is offline There's only one beautiful child in the world and every mother has it.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for sharing your experience with me, I really appreciate it. Confirms that there are others doing this, although not many, and it can work. My employer has family friendly and flexible workplace policies, and do their best to support working families, but when all is said and done, sown times there are challenging times - especially when the kids are sick and need to be home with the littlies.