+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This year I did more outdoor stuff, I would have brought ds6 q surfboard if we still lived on the gc, but he's going body boarding with his uncle on a holiday so he is super excited, they are getting a jumping castle football camera hula hoop so vey very outdoorsy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Aaaah pole dancing boots!? Am I missing something!?
    No.
    Dd1 does 5 pole dancing classes a week. She always has a bruise on the top of her foot that cause pain when she wears he steel cap boots for work. I am hoping that the knee highs will protect her feet/legs better. Plus she thinks they are kick a$$ boots.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    Yes I do, he doesn't play any sport, doesn't own a bike, scooter, anything.

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.
    Maybe he tried sport but got teased so much he is now too embarrassed to do it? Kids can be extremely stubborn, honestly, you can't get my DD to go on a walk with you for anything, she complains and drags her feet the entire way and I'm always sorry I bothered!

Maybe you could give him a cricket set and get everyone outside for a game on christmas day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ours are a mixture. We buy games for the Wii, lego and the kids have scooters, bikes, green machines, balls, bats etc.

I love the kids playing outside. It's very important. I put time limits on games and television. DS only plays or watches for no more then 1 hr per day during the week and no more then two on the weekends, though often much less.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My kids are pretty balanced...they love playing Ipad,PS3 but would spend more time outside riding their bikes/scooters/skateboards or in pool.
    But its hard to judge...I live right up back of a complex so my kids have the freedom of walking out the front door doing that,or we walk to the pool.
    My neice/nephew don't have a pool,and live in an area that has no foot paths on street so they cant do all that stuff.Makes it a bit harder when buying them gifts compared to my kids who would use them daily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Aaaah pole dancing boots!? Am I missing something!?
    I think you may find the DD she is talking about is 18

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I think you may find the DD she is talking about is 18
    Yep 19. Sorry I meant to that in my last post.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My kids are only toddlers so we don't use any technology yet. I don't plan on buying them any technology until they really start asking (hopefully much later at school)

They are getting a trampoline for Christmas.

I would prefer them to have active toys, but in saying that they always get books too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My dd came home with a letter saying it's recommended all prep to grade 2 have an iPad. She's 6 ffs I definitely don't think she should own her own iPad!! I got the kids a big trampoline this year, don't think they'll be getting more electronic stuff till they're much older. Each to their own but I hate seeing young kids and toddlers with iPads (though my kids do occasionally play games on my phone).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Temet Nosce~ View Post
    My dd came home with a letter saying it's recommended all prep to grade 2 have an iPad. She's 6 ffs I definitely don't think she should own her own iPad!! I got the kids a big trampoline this year, don't think they'll be getting more electronic stuff till they're much older. Each to their own but I hate seeing young kids and toddlers with iPads (though my kids do occasionally play games on my phone).
    They have mathletics and literacy planet which they work from at school...but you don't need an Ipad for that.I see no need for them to own one We have an Ipad but its a family one,so kids can use it when I am not browsing Pinterest! I have avoided buying my kids anything "they own" for the simple reason...they don't need it

11. The Following User Says Thank You to *Chels* For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (24-11-2013)