+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Please help re: child support

I've recently had some pretty horrible arguments with my ex over child support. Turns out we have both received conflicting information from the child support agency over what child support should cover and what his expenses for the children should be at his end. At the moment our arrangement is 65% of the time kids are with me and 35% with him. I pay for everything including clothes (I send clothes to his house when kids go there) haircuts, day care costs even on his days with the kids etc. We have recently talked about a 50/50 scenario and I'm just wondering if I'm still expected to pay 100% for everything? I called the child support agency and they said ex is expected to pay for costs on his days which would include child care arrangements that fall on his days with the kids but my ex has been told it doesn't so now I'm really confused and I'm finding it really hard to find information about this stuff on line!! Really hoping someone can shed some light on this stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The only way to get this sorted properly would be to go through mediation as yes he is supposed to pay for things on his days. You should not have to send clothes etc to his house with them, he should have his own. And relationships aust will tell you both this in mediation, unless you can come to your own agreements

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't comment on the daycare costs, as I haven't been faced with that issue as yet & doubt I will. ExDH works full time so will only have the boys weekends and maybe a weeknight down the track.

However you absolutely do not have to pay for everything when he has shared care. He is expected to cover the costs of the children when in his care. His child support payments are calculated based on how much time they spend with you and him. So if your scenario of 65/35 is what the CSA is aware of, his payments would be reduced to reflect that.

This means when they are at his house, he should be paying for all food, nappies, activities etc Ideally he should really be providing his own clothes to keep at his house too, although a lot of men don't do this.

Maybe call CSA together one day in speaker phone? Is that possible?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the replies!! I think that's a great idea to call together or record it and I guess if that fails we will have to go back to relationships Australia. We did go there for our settlement but we didn't really go over the child support stuff which I really wish we did. Anyways thanks again, I appreciate it.