+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only heard of it since pp mentioned it! But will definitely check it out thanks.

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We stayed at the mantra on kent when dd was 3 months and ds 2. Darling harbour is only a 100 m walk. It was so easy to walk to the restaurants and into the city.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waitsee For This Useful Post:

TSW13  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's parking like at these places?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Parking in Sydney CBD is expensive... about $45 a day minimum. Because you will have a little bub, I was going to suggest Sheraton Four Seasons. It is right next to Darling Harbour/ Aquarium/ Wildlife Park/ Circular Quay/ King St Wharf, so you can walk right out of the hotel and you are already there. It also comes with a huge buffet breakfast (you could take a few extras from there for lunch and snacks) and parking included- for around $300, maybe a little less. (That is what we paid a few weeks ago). If you stay further out of the city, you would need to spend money on taxis, trains, or a long walk. If you choose CBD, make sure it includes parking in the hotel price. Sheraton doesn't have kitchen facilities, but there are also a lot of serviced apartments around there which may suit you better since you will have bub, including Ibis and Quest and Mantra (as suggested).

Thanks
    Reviews
    We stayed at world tower sydney recently. ...parking was only 15 a day which I thought was reasonable. .everything is in walking distance. .was fabulous

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you are going to stay around darling harbour then investigate the Convention Centre car park. I don't know what the rates are but I do know you can prebook and that makes it cheaper. Might be worth comparing it to parking at your hotel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, I should have specified. I meant parking at the motels lol. I would presume most of them would have secure parking? But does it cost extra?? I think I would prefer to leave the car where we would be staying and catch public transport. Would that be the cheaper option?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Parking will cost extra at most hotels. That's why i suggested comparing the price of the convention centre carpark at DH with the price a hotel around there will charge. I *think* a few of them use that anyway, but probably charge more than if you book directly through the centre.

Public transport definitely a cheaper - and easier - option for daily activities.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh okay then will have to have a look... Thanks for your help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The mantra chain usually have specials on, so you can sometimes pick it up for a bargain.

If you download the Wilson parking app you can see what car parks are available, I got super cheap parking last Xmas right in the city for 20 for the weekend by pre-booking.

quest at world tower would be ok and central to darling harbour but I think that area on the street is dodgy at night, much better to stay closer to darling harbour and away from George street.

i book all of our company's hotels through hotel.com, they guarantee to be the cheapest price. Agoda and wot if are good too for specials. Its best to start looking as soon as you can then you have time to see the specials and grab them.

feel free to pm me if you need advice between diff hotels/apartments.