+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My office has done a few of those auction squad shows and we would submit a few properties that would have been perfect but the producers said the owners were " too boring for tv " so I assume it's the same for MKR, they go on personality first and cooking second and some people truly do think they are good cooks but in the real world they are just average plus add in cooking for 12 and a time restraint and even good cooks will get flustered

that makes sense about them getting the menus not too far in advance as if it were me I would cook those dishes for 12 every night until I had it perfected!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    My office has done a few of those auction squad shows and we would submit a few properties that would have been perfect but the producers said the owners were " too boring for tv " so I assume it's the same for MKR, they go on personality first and cooking second and some people truly do think they are good cooks but in the real world they are just average plus add in cooking for 12 and a time restraint and even good cooks will get flustered

that makes sense about them getting the menus not too far in advance as if it were me I would cook those dishes for 12 every night until I had it perfected!!!
    I try to always put this out of my mind (the set upness..) when I watch the show because it is my favorite show but the last 2 seasons it's been more and more obvious...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieJayn View Post
    I try to always put this out of my mind (the set upness..) when I watch the show because it is my favorite show but the last 2 seasons it's been more and more obvious...
    I try not to think about it too as I love it but yeah it's just way too obvious lately!
    And I didn't mean to be mean about the cous cous, mine is probably gluggy too haha!! But it just seems a bit obvious when they stuff up things like that on the show!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieJayn View Post
    Hangs head in shame.

:thumbdown:

I suck at cous cous lol always goes gluggy lol

Thanks for the score too harvest moon and flip flop and for not pointing out my kissed/missed mistake!
    The easiest way to do Couscous requires no cooking. Just equal parts of couscous, boiling water from the kettle and a good dollop of butter. Put them in a container with a lid, swirl it round to get the butter melting, lid on and walk away for about 5 mins. Then give it a stir with a fork and you're done. Give it a whirl. It's the only way I do mine now.

As for MKR, the boys make me cringe. So obvious and so off putting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    The easiest way to do Couscous requires no cooking. Just equal parts of couscous, boiling water from the kettle and a good dollop of butter. Put them in a container with a lid, swirl it round to get the butter melting, lid on and walk away for about 5 mins. Then give it a stir with a fork and you're done. Give it a whirl. It's the only way I do mine now.

As for MKR, the boys make me cringe. So obvious and so off putting.
    I just pop mine in a bowl with boiling stock and chuck cling wrap on top. Perfect every time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    I try not to think about it too as I love it but yeah it's just way too obvious lately!
    And I didn't mean to be mean about the cous cous, mine is probably gluggy too haha!! But it just seems a bit obvious when they stuff up things like that on the show!
    I didn't think it was mean lol I honestly do just fail at it lol. I even tried to do it in my rice cooker once. DON'T attempt it. It was a solid cous cous rock lol. Oooops.
    Thanks for the instructions ladies!will try it that way next time lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    The fact Pete says to Jess "This is the worst dish in the competition" satisfies me greatly.

⭐️DS born March, 2010⭐️
    ⭐️Baby #2 due Feb, 2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luminary For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (14-02-2014),IvyRain  (17-02-2014),M'LadyEm  (14-02-2014),moongazer  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's such a shame it's scripted, I'm sure we'd still get drama if the couples were just totally being themselves.

I think I can tell who gets eliminated. You can see which direction Pete/Manu are facing when they say you've been eliminated and from looking at where the couples stand you can figure it out. I was right for the eliminations last season and it kind of ruined it for me. I don't watch the ads or previews now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IT'S TIME, IT'S TIME, IT'S TIME!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hooray. What a great outcome . I was quite shocked. I thought for sure the boys were gone.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app