+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OMG...can't wait for Sunday to see that b***h crash and burn. David sure changed his tune tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't been watching, as I'm still p!ssed about those two WA b!tches escaping elimination by 2 points. It just all seems so set up. And then tonight I tune in for the last 10 minutes to see that this rounds most hated team has also likely escaped elimination... by 2 points.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siesmum View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem like alot of teams seem to have food from their shopping go missing? Or tonight they forgot to buy the extra pieces of meat??

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I was thinking exactly this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kissed the final score. Saw a contestants scoring then bub woke up and missed judges comments and scores! Can anyone fill me in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieJayn View Post
    I kissed the final score. Saw a contestants scoring then bub woke up and missed judges comments and scores! Can anyone fill me in?
    I think 91? They are in theead now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    I haven't been watching, as I'm still p!ssed about those two WA b!tches escaping elimination by 2 points. It just all seems so set up. And then tonight I tune in for the last 10 minutes to see that this rounds most hated team has also likely escaped elimination... by 2 points.
    I'm with you on that! The more I watch it the more set up it all seems. I get that these people aren't qualified chefs or anything but they are always stuffing up dishes they have apparently made a hundred times! Last year one of them kept stuffing up cous cous, seriously how do you stuff up cous cous?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieJayn View Post

They're on 90

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FlipFlop For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (12-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    I'm with you on that! The more I watch it the more set up it all seems. I get that these people aren't qualified chefs or anything but they are always stuffing up dishes they have apparently made a hundred times! Last year one of them kept stuffing up cous cous, seriously how do you stuff up cous cous?!
    Hangs head in shame.

:thumbdown:

I suck at cous cous lol always goes gluggy lol

Thanks for the score too harvest moon and flip flop and for not pointing out my kissed/missed mistake!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    I remember reading a behind the scenes article that addresses that sort of thing.

Apparently the contestants give the people in charge (producers? writers? IDK) a few sample menus and recipes. Then on the day before their instant restaurant, or even the morning of, the contestants get their menu handed to them. I believe they get to choose between a couple of recipes and sometimes they're actually made to change them in some way (they used specific examples of reconstructing a classic, changing the main ingredient, incorporating a particular cultural dish, etc), presumably to make everything that much more dramatic.

That's why they sometimes seem as though they haven't a clue what's happening and they stuff up dishes that they've been making forever. Sometimes they're not even in their own kitchens - that explains why they sometimes flail about looking for stuff and why the Tassie girl couldn't figure out why 'her' mixer wasn't working the other day!

There's also a whole lot of editing obviously and the contestants are told to play up certain aspects of their personalities. Or their comments are taken out of context. I mean, they're in those instant restaurants for hours; the audience misses out on a lot.

On a side note, I imagine that's why some contestants choose to be a particular sort of 'character'. Being *****y and rude brings drama, which means the producers want to keep you on longer, which means that you get more attention and are more likely to stay in the competition.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ^ Yes, I have heard that they are very rarely in their own kitchens. They apparently have to meet certain space requirements for filming, and other requirements, so they will often use other kitchens (family or friends?).

I personally think the show always throw in a pair of actors to spice it up, along with people who are obviously bad cooks, who they know will stuff up.