Brandy Cream Custard
- 75g sugar milled (or icing sugar)
- insert butterfly then add
- 3 eggs
- 40g brandy
- 200g cream
- 200ml milk
- 10mins, 80C, speed 4
(Can double recipe for large crowd, just add 2mins to cooking time)
- 2 peeled & chopped cucumbers
- 1/2 onion
- handful of dill
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock
- 500g water
- combine 5sec, speed 9
- add 2 small cubed potatoes
- cook 15min, 100 degrees, then purée
- briefly mix in 100ml cream (optional)
Creamed spinach dip
- 120g Parmesan
- handful of parsley
- mill together, set aside
- 1/2 onion
- 90g bacon, chop together
- add 20g oil, MC off, 100 degrees, 2mins. Then add:
- 100g sun dried tomatoes
- 150g spinach leaves
- 120g Philadelphia cream cheese
- combine all on 40sec, speed 5
This is very rich but devine!! Would be lovely with chicken or mixed through pasta for a decadent meal to I think,
Lychee & Lemon Sorbet
- 75g sugar (mill speed 10)
Then add everything at once:-
- 1 whole lemon
- 300g Lychees (reserve juice for ice cubes if using canned)
- 1kg ice (including juice if you froze it)
- egg white
- combine until you hear the blades change (took about 1.5mins at class).
This is slightly different to a typical sorbet recipe, which resulted in a creamier texture. Lovely.
Herb & Garlic pull-apart bread
Insert in following order
- warm water 450g
- 2 satchels of yeast (yes 2)
- 750g bakers flour
- 5tbsp oil
- tbls salt
- combine briefly, then 2mins interval
- roll/pull dough out to large rectangle
- rub 120g garlic-herb butter filling all over
- cut in to strips and roll up/place in a lined baking tin all touching.
- 200C, 30-40mins
The garlic-herb butter was made fresh too, but I didn't write that down. It was the butter from EDC, with fresh herbs mixed through. I think it would have been even better with some garlic too.
Thanks Pesca- that dip sounds amazing!
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!