+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Three week old that will not sleep

Hi hubbers, I'm after some advice.
    My three week old won't sleep during the day. Is this normal?
    What can I do about it?
    Overnight she sleeps up to 9 hours ( waking every 2-4 hrs for a feed).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know if it's normal, but my dd didn't sleep *peroid*. Only thing that helped was a sling. Whenever she wasn't a feeding/having a nappy change she was in the sling. Sometimes she slept, sometimes she didn't, but she rarely cried. Only thing that worked after weeks& weeks of TRYING to get her to just go to sleep x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Fitchick, I have a carrier I can put her in to do stuff, I'm just desperate to go for a sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    When you say she doesn't sleep, how do you try and get her to sleep? Do you rock her to sleep or put her down in a cot or bassinet to sleep and she cries either way? Do you try and feed to sleep? Or does she fall asleep and wake shortly after?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    My DD didn't do sleep. She loved the sling though.
    She would sleep only if she was attached to me and even then only for a max of 20 mins at a time. I tried all combinations of wrapping, patting, dummies, etc. She was just a wakeful baby who loved her Mummy's company.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD would only sleep in her capsule attached to her pram during the day for the first 6 weeks or so, or she would sleep on someone. She slept fine (well for a newborn) in her cot overnight. Wouldn't go near the cot during the day. From what I gather that is fairly normal. Would your bubba sleep on the bed next to you if you laid down and slept? DD didn't mind that either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS wasn't a big fan of sleeping in the day when he was that age either.

What are you trying when you put her down for a nap/ where do you want her to sleep during the day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    In the day I have her in the bassinet attachment for the pram in our living room or the baby rocker thing.
    I've tried feeding her and she gets sleepy but as soon as I put her down she grizzles. I've tried rocking her to sleep when she looks like she is sleepy I put her down but again she grizzles. She will only sleep on me.
    I'm too nervous to put her in bed with me.... Too afraid I'll roll over onto her.
    I don't mind wearing her during the day to get stuff done. It's just the need for a nap issue....
    Also, just wondered if it was normal.
    Overnight she sleeps quite happily in her bassinet beside the bed. Our bedroom is on the third floor so I can't cart the proper bassinet up and down the stairs, hence the pram bassinet attachment is in the living room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally normal as their still adjusting to this world and still need you for comfort. I had to have my son sleep with me in bed for the first 2 months as he refused to sleep without me

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to den1 For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-11-2013),SpecialK  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally normal OP! My baby wouldn't sleep during the day but I just embraced it, even though it was frustrating at times, I enjoyed just sitting and letting her sleep on me. I would have a heap of shows ready to watch. I also had a carrier that I would use when I HAD to get a few things done.
    She is almost 4 months now which has flown by and now she sleeps during the day, today she slept 4 and a half hours.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPrint For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (25-11-2013)