+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks kw I appreciate you saying that. I happy to take other opinions on board I just can't if I feel hostility towards me. I know I need to let go a bit and I am trying to. It's very hard when you come from the experiences that I have come from. It's a very long story, none of it is simple. I just don't want this thread turning into a **** fight. It wasnt my intention. I was only looking for support and possibly constructive criticism.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

kw123  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    The fact that the mum lied would for me set off huge alarms bells. I have teens and there is no way in hell I would let them stay after that.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah sorry @KaraB. No hard feelings I hope!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe it was a last minute thing so at the time the mum wasn't lying.
    I don't have an issue with it and it seems like you have a very responsible girl there, be proud mumma

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plan2bamummy For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (23-11-2013),SAgirl  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    I wonder what this girl is like (her daughter) if she's being raised by a woman who is able to lie so casually under these circumstances.
    Please don't assume the daughter is just like the mother. I suffered that for years and lost many friends due to my mother's behaviour.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cicho For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (23-11-2013),Gandalf  (24-11-2013),KaraB  (23-11-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (23-11-2013),PomPoms  (23-11-2013),smallpotatoes  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kara you should absolutely follow your instincts. I have a 15yo girl and a 6yo and a baby and I can tell you parenting the teenager is definitely the hardest.
    Some of DD's friends have had very different home environments to her own and at that age they don't have the maturity to deal with some issues they may be presented with. What if the mum is going out drinking and brings home some random bloke?? If you don't know these people then you don't know their values. It's not 'mollycoddling' at all to keep your kids safe and unless you have been in this situation others have no right to judge you, after all you are asking for advice on what to do here, not be judged about the kind of parent you are.
    Good luck x

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KLM76 For This Useful Post:

beancounter  (23-11-2013),EvilWombatQueen  (24-11-2013),HowCrazyCool  (23-11-2013),KaraB  (23-11-2013),LoveLivesHere  (23-11-2013),WiseOldOwl  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're right thanks for pointing that out. I'm getting over it I just get so miffed when people show such a lack of respect. Especially when I wouldn't dream of treating another parent that way. But it's not her daughters fault, true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KLM76 View Post
    Kara you should absolutely follow your instincts. I have a 15yo girl and a 6yo and a baby and I can tell you parenting the teenager is definitely the hardest.
    Some of DD's friends have had very different home environments to her own and at that age they don't have the maturity to deal with some issues they may be presented with. What if the mum is going out drinking and brings home some random bloke?? If you don't know these people then you don't know their values. It's not 'mollycoddling' at all to keep your kids safe and unless you have been in this situation others have no right to judge you, after all you are asking for advice on what to do here, not be judged about the kind of parent you are.
    Good luck x
    Thanks so much I'm trying to be a good parent. I know I'm not perfect. I'm the one who gets blamed when things have gone wrong and it's normally her father who allows certain situations to happen but wont take responsibility for it when she has done the wrong thing, it's so not fair. He thinks we should let her do anything she wants and to just trust her and magically she will do the right thing. But the times I have allowed him to have his way have been the times when things have gone pear shaped. He doesn't monitor anything, there are no consequences, so I've been forced to be the one who has to think about the fall out and put limits in place. It's not easy especially since we are not together and he's so nonchalant about everything. Parenting teenagers is the hardest part of parenting hands down- you're 100% right. I'm only interested in what's best for her and sometimes it's hard to know how to protect her and let her grow up at the same time. It's very hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hell yeah I would be angry being lied to!! and hello 3 15yo's together ALONE?at that age I had sleepovers and we were jumping out windows to go to parties....I would be worried!!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Chels* For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (23-11-2013),KaraB  (23-11-2013),Mummy Potato  (18-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is your dd your eldest?

Just asking because I worried a lot more with my eldest and she rebelled more lol

I think at 15 you need to be able to have some trust in your daughter & if her actions have proven that you can't then to me that's your main problem there.

The reality is that if you can't trust her to be responsible & make smart decisions that applies to your house too - trust me teenage girls won't do the right thing just because they're at home if that makes sense.

I've found parenting a teenager & a girl OMG the hardest part of this parenting gig😱

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (23-11-2013),LoveLivesHere  (23-11-2013)