+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She has been left alone before. You don't know the situation entirely or the issues we have had in the past. But that's cool whatever floats your boat. I guess you came on this thread with the sole intention of ridiculing me and not really offering advice in a way that is helpful. I can't listen to anyone with a *****y attitude, sorry.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (23-11-2013)

NurseAnni is offline Winner 2014 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    also accepting of the fact that she absolutely WILL drink at some point whether you mollycoddle her or not
    See, I think that is a ridiculous statement. Not all teens WILL drink, I know plenty that didnt drink underage. You have no idea how trustworthy or likely to underage drink the daughter is.

Sent from my GT-S6102 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NurseAnni For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (23-11-2013),LoveLivesHere  (23-11-2013),MissSparkles  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    And if you actually take on board the vast majority of views on this thread, you'll realise that, for most people, your "responsible parenting" is way OTT for a 15 year old.

Not allowing her to be unsupervised because you assume she will do something wrong is many things, but responsible parenting is not one of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NurseAnni View Post
    See, I think that is a ridiculous statement. Not all teens WILL drink, I know plenty that didnt drink underage. You have no idea how trustworthy or likely to underage drink the daughter is.

Sent from my GT-S6102 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    You are right of course. Not all teens will drink. I accept that. But most will. That's not opinion - it's fact based on research, and it's why underage drinking is acknowledged as a big issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I moved out of home, was working and paying my own rent/bills etc at 16...so three 15 year olds at home alone wouldn't be a huge deal for me.

..but I guess the fact that another mother has been dishonest with you is something worth getting a little miffed about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    She has been left alone before. You don't know the situation entirely or the issues we have had in the past. But that's cool whatever floats your boat. I guess you came on this thread with the sole intention of ridiculing me and not really offering advice in a way that is helpful. I can't listen to anyone with a *****y attitude, sorry.
    No need to start name calling. Of course I don't know the full story or your history. I gave my opinion based on the facts you chose to share. What else can anyone do but that?

And don't listen to me then, listen to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    And if you actually take on board the vast majority of views on this thread, you'll realise that, for most people, your "responsible parenting" is way OTT for a 15 year old.

Not allowing her to be unsupervised because you assume she will do something wrong is many things, but responsible parenting is not one of them.
    Oh come on. Do you have teenagers yet? Your attitude toward OP makes me think not. If you don't then you can't put yourself in the OP's shoes. It's a whole different thing than parenting little ones and you do have to make judgement calls that can affect them for the rest of their lives because they don't have the capacity to make good judgement calls yet. You need to stop thinking like a teenager and start thinking like the parent of one.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (23-11-2013),LoveLivesHere  (23-11-2013),Mummy Potato  (18-12-2013),MyboysMylife  (21-12-2013),starflame  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh sorry I forgot you can't have a valid opinion unless you have kids that exact age.

Whatever. I stand by what I said but admit my tone was grumpier than necessary so I apologise for that. Bad day.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Based on my own experiences as a 15yo I wouldn't be concerned about three 15yos being left alone. However, a parent lying to be would bother me.

OP you know your daughter an her friends so you are in the best place to decide what to do.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I was unsupervised at 15 and had access to to a liquor cabinet I would of been all over it!!! Unfortunately my parents and my friends parents hid the damn things.....

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

HowCrazyCool  (23-11-2013),KaraB  (23-11-2013),Mummy Potato  (18-12-2013)