+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    The day Molly died on a country practice. So sad.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (25-11-2013)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remember that feeling of suspense waiting for the dial up to connect, it was always a nervous wait, you could never be sure! It was a great feeling when you heard that last tone and knew you were connected. MSN time!!!

Gold Coast
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OMG just remembered when My parents got a fax machine!! a guy came out to set it up and they asked me if I wanted to copy anything...I walked out with a bookepic fail!!!!!!! Used to love waiting for a fax from my crush when I was 12!! OMG I feel OLD!!!!!!!!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    sunshine coast qld
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There needs to be a grandma version of this thread. I can remember some of these things but I know I was a grown adult when most of these things came about. There seems to be a whole bunch of years that I just cant recall. My childhood, I remember getting a TV, only black and white, colour was still twenty years away. You had to turn it on at the wall and then at the set, and then wait for it warm up, then you culd use the knobs to change the channel (but at first there was only one channel anyway). There was another knob for volume and one for contrast, and one for vertical hold. If these were not tuned right you got a very poor picture. My mother didn't even have a home phone until I was 17 or so. In my childhood we listened to serials on the wireless/ radio. Most houses didn't have flushing toilets when I was a child. My primary school had two televisions for the whole school and we all crowded into the two classrooms to watch Neil Armstrong walk on the moon. I was in grade 7 then. My first mobile phone was a car phone like the one pictured previously and it would only work within a certain distance of the car, so it was really not portable. So many memories, the technology is mind blowing. and where will it ever end. Marie.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (25-11-2013)