+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whenever I think of those old rotary dial phones with twisty cords I remember the house I grew up in, and especially when my first love called me for the first time. He called and basically said 'will you go out with me' and I said yes and that was about it.. We hung up and I jumped up and down around my living room for ages haha.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

Moxy  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We got a home computer when I was 5 and then internet when I was 11. Although the net took
    F O R E V E R to load a single page.

I remember using a VHS to record my favourite music off of Video Hits, cassette tape to record songs off the radio and getting the magazines that came our devoted to Friends or Leonardo DiCaprio when I was around 12.

I used to jump around my room like I was electrocuted singing along to may favourite songs, while pretending I was actually on Hey, Hey it's Saturday

Longest phone conversation was about 6 hours with my male bff during high school. Man, we could waffle on! And then jump on messenger to talk some more.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (24-11-2013)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I remember when SMS was turned on for all compatible phones- I was covert much like "so... What is it again?"

I didn't have a mobile til I was 18, and it was a Siemens single line screen job. Not the Nokia all my friends had, thanks dad!

The dial up tone- can *still* hear it loud and clear.

We had encarta too. I used to like watching the clips eg mould growing in bread or grass growing.

We were one of the first families in our town to have a pc. It ran off DOS, but the games were awesome!! One day mum took our pc into the shop and it came back to us with done weird program called windows version 3.1. I guess it was kind of pointless since it all still ran off DOS.. You actually had to command the computer to load windows... But what for since it was already a keystroke away through the DOS menu!

My first cd- merryl bainbridge (anyone remember her?) I used to play it over and over while playing that mosaic game on windows.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg. I was in uni when Friends started.

I used to sing in my room pretending to be on YTT.
    I loved Bevan!!

Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    I remember when SMS was turned on for all compatible phones- I was covert much like "so... What is it again?"

I didn't have a mobile til I was 18, and it was a Siemens single line screen job. Not the Nokia all my friends had, thanks dad!

The dial up tone- can *still* hear it loud and clear.

We had encarta too. I used to like watching the clips eg mould growing in bread or grass growing.

We were one of the first families in our town to have a pc. It ran off DOS, but the games were awesome!! One day mum took our pc into the shop and it came back to us with done weird program called windows version 3.1. I guess it was kind of pointless since it all still ran off DOS.. You actually had to command the computer to load windows... But what for since it was already a keystroke away through the DOS menu!

My first cd- merryl bainbridge (anyone remember her?) I used to play it over and over while playing that mosaic game on windows.
    Haha did she sing that song I wanna kiss your mouth?
    I love this thread so many great memories, I loved encarta! I would tape music off the radio and off rage or video hits and write on the tape don't tape over! We started off with a Commodore 64, then an Osborne computer which I loved it had so many games come with it.
    We would write notes all the time. We got dial up when I was about 13 and I remember going into chat rooms ( teenchat) my friend and I thought it was just the best!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by chickenfoot83 View Post
    Haha did she sing that song I wanna kiss your mouth?
    I love this thread so many great memories, I loved encarta! I would tape music off the radio and off rage or video hits and write on the tape don't tape over! We started off with a Commodore 64, then an Osborne computer which I loved it had so many games come with it.
    We would write notes all the time. We got dial up when I was about 13 and I remember going into chat rooms ( teenchat) my friend and I thought it was just the best!
    I just had to google it, but yep! It was just called 'mouth'.

Anyone remember the Internet before google? What a mess. What an unorganised mess. Other search engines eg dog pile, altavista etc were crap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I love this thread!!!

I remember the old phones and having to sit out in the kitchen talking in front of the whole family. The phone was near the kitchen bench so I would sit down on the floor in the corner partially under the bench to maintain a sense of privacy. It was very exciting when we got a touch pad phone and could program in people's numbers!!

I remember when my parents decided to buy a computer. I was 11 and so excited as no one we knew had a computer!! I think it cost them about $3000 and for what it was compared to computer now...it would be like a dinosaur! I remember using encarta for school assignments and feeling very grown up!

We didn't get the internet until I was high school..dial up and it was so slow and would drop out all the time. My sister and I used to tie up the phone line for hours chatting online. I don't think my parents got broad band until way after I moved out of home.

My first phone was a brick. I can't even remember what brand it was but it definitely wasn't a Nokia as it didn't have snake!. I had to save up my own money (from my casual job) to buy it as my parents wouldn't buy me one. I also had to pay for my own credit for it which to start would last ages as not many of my friends had mobile phones. I must have been about 15 or 16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Oh and the note writing. I loved that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first job was in a record shop.... Way back in 1985. I remember there was only one small shelf of CDs which were new fangle things at the time. I do recall though that all the CDs were classical music. I still love vinyl nothing like putting a needle on the record... Oh the memories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ahh this just make me remember more! My parents moved house recently and I found my old walkman (I bought it brand new in 1998 with my pocket money) and all my old tapes with songs taped off the radio. I also found my pocket gameboy and about 5 different games. DH tried to play it today apparently and struggled because of the glare of the screen and the overall **** quality compared to what we're used to these days.

Going to the video store and hiring movies, then having to wait an extra half hour because mum and dad insisted that we get the tapes cleaned first (too many times getting dodgy tapes). Apparently the local Video Ezy that has been there for what feels like 20yrs is only just closing down!

Mum and Dad also had a typewriter which we loved playing on as kids. Our first computer was a dinosaur. We played Gumboots Australia (anyone?) Carmen Sandiego, Trivial Pursuit and Space Invaders. When the computer froze and stopped working, all it would do is beep when you pressed keys on the keyboard. This was usually the point my sister and I would just start playing 'Checkout chick' and pretend we were scanning items then running a credit card through it. We were easily amused as kids haha.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

ForeverMine  (25-11-2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast