+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Booboo, you & your DH sound like a photo copy of us - were exactly the same. My AMH is low for my age but not too low!!

So we did down reg first cycle, where I got 6 eggs - 2 fertilised, this cycle nearly got cancelled as I wasn't reacting very well. DH got 'some' sperm out but very average quality.

Second cycle after endo surgery we did antagonist cycle and paid extra for growth hormone and the embryoscope, I got 8 eggs, DH produced zilch :-( so we resorted to using frozen which caused it to be a long ICSI only giving us 3 that fertilised, 2 were transferred and the third ended up being discarded. So I think the 2 transferred would've done the same thing inside hence no implantation.

We just started seeing a new FS as our original one has retired from fertility - he basically looked at our records and said our fertilisation rates are low and it's not working because of the lack of quality of the embies due to the sperm - he was very frank but it helped.

So the sandwich antagonist is this ;

5 days of cetrotide (the nurses said this is to knock all of the smaller eggs I have out of the race effectively so the gonal f can work more effectively on the bigger ones giving me more chance for more eggs!!), then 5 days of gonal f alone then how ever many days depending on how I react on both needles - apparently this is my FS cycle of choice with many patients and is quite effective. We aren't doing the growth hormone but are doing the embryscope.

The main difference with this cycle is that DH is having what I call a 'pick up' too - he has a blockage, so he is having what FS said is a biopsy and they are getting the sperm straight from the source....I go into surgery and he goes in not long after - FS said this increases the average 40% fert rate to approx 80%.

Is this something your clinic offers? I am optimistic for this round, I have also had an endometrial scratch done.

Sorry for the novel!! **off to jab myself with cetrotide now**

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been better. AF came right on schedual. We're going to stim again probably in Feb. I got so sick with this last round I can't put myself through that again right over Chrissy.

Fingers crossed for 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have review on Tues Rose so will see what they say, I'll ask about it if they don't bring it up. What supplements r u on? R h taking dhea or Coq10? I've been on the dhea since late Aug, just started taking Coq10 as well. How's the jabbing going? When will u likely b at EPU? So sorry to hear Midny, we may b trying again around then too x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear Midnyteblue - 2013 has been a challenging year for many, enjoy the break and may 2014 bring you a baby belly :-)

Booboo I am on coq10, I have been since we started with our new FS in late September, as well as vitamin e, fish oil and good old elevit!! I see a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practioner for herbs (not now I am stimming again) and acupuncture (currently once a week).

DH is nervous to say the least about his little procedure, but knows not to complain too much after what I have endured this year!! But I appreciate the fact that I find it all relatively easy emotionally anything medical freaks him out, a bit of white coat fever!!

Jabs are going fine, stuffed up this morning and pulled the needle all the way up so got a heap of air so had to jab twice!! DH does them 90% of the time, but he slept in this morning so I decided to do it - not again!

I have worked out pick up will be either Friday 13th, Monday 16th or Wednesdat 18th December - if I go the same as my last cycle it will be Friday 13th but because I have started on cetrotide I think I may take a few extra days once on the gonal f!! Hoping for the 13th, I like the idea of our kids (I hope!!) being conceived on the 13th, strangely enough it has alwYs been a good number for our family!!

A really good friend of mine went to Fertility South, she went through a lot but has now got her 5 month old son who is just awesome!!!!

So you find out this week what your next step is?

x
    Last edited by rose2207; 02-12-2013 at 00:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have added fish oil to the mix also, I have been on elevit for ages now. What dose of meds r u on? I'm going to ask tomorrow at review about the diff types. I have been on Puregon for last 2 cycles. With the growth hormone is that what they call Saizen? What clinic r u at again? Your lucky dh can do the jabs most if the time, my hubs works away FIFO, fx for the 13th hope this is your time x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Booboo78 View Post
    I have added fish oil to the mix also, I have been on elevit for ages now. What dose of meds r u on? I'm going to ask tomorrow at review about the diff types. I have been on Puregon for last 2 cycles. With the growth hormone is that what they call Saizen? What clinic r u at again? Your lucky dh can do the jabs most if the time, my hubs works away FIFO, fx for the 13th hope this is your time x
    Same, coming up 3 years the elevit & menevit share holders have been benefiting from my dwindling bank account!! ;-)

I am on cetrotide 250 for 5 days, then 200 gonal f alone for 4 days then both until I trigger with 250 ovidrel.

I just had a look at my info and all they call it is 'growth hormone' so I am not sure what the technical name is for it!!

I am with Fert North in Joondalup, Jay Natawala now but have been with Margo Norman until this cycle but she has retired from fertility and is only doing OB.

That would be tough, I can do them and don't mind but if I don't have to do them I don't!! My DH resigned from his job a few weeks ago and is trying to get into FIFO...not having much joy though!!

Hope you get some answers and feel better after your review xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a friend who went with Fert North she is now just over 5 wks with a FET, she sees Dr Chapel I think his name is. My dh works as a supply officer, I know it's been a bit tough dhs position is ok at the moment but they layed off about 9 workers recently. Thanks hope so too, never would I think we wud need to go through any of this but I'm sure we all think that. I don't know about u but everyday all I seem to see are pregnant women, so jealous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rose how r h going? R u at EPU today? Thinking of u, will keep my fx for some beautiful embies, who is doing your dhs biopsy? Is that what they call TESA?