+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What type of pram do you have?

I have 3 children under school age, I am looking at buying another pram and was wondering if you could have any pram you wanted what it would be and why? Also if there is any you have had and hate would love to know which ones and why. Looking for something where both could sleep. I have only just started looking so far i am considering buying a baby jogger city select, I like that you can put a skateboard on the back as well as take one or 2 seats, having said that not sure that my older child would stay on the skateboard either. Suggestions please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have the city select with the skateboard attachment- we love it! It's a fantastic pram to use as a single, double or triple. My 6 and 4 yr old still love to get on the board and often fight over who gets it. The 4 yr old still sits in the seat and the 6 yr old would to if we'd let him lol. I bought from winkalots in NZ and saved heaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also have the city select and would not have any other pram. I am using as a single atm but have used it as a double with a car capsule and will get the glider board when DS starts to object to sitting all the time. I also got mine from winkalotts in NZ.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only got one LO but have the strider compact. I got it with the view for having more than one child. So far I love it! If you have a small car you might have issues though. I've got an i30 and it only just fits in the boot. Plenty of room around it to put stuff but the wheel base only just fits. Reasonably priced IMO.

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 youngest of whom is now 3yo but when when I had 3 aged 3 and under (DS 3yo, DD1 22mo and DD2 newborn) I used a sling for DD2 which kept both my hands free, pram/trolley for DD1 and harness for DS the runner. I tried a double pram it wasn't for us but then I have children who would rather be walking and exploring or throw massive tantrums verging on meltdowns which made going out a huge ordeal so I chose to let them walk, there is hope my runners (DS now 9 & DD2 now 6 so my then baby was also a runner around when I was pregnant and had a newborn) are now very good at sticking close just need small reminders about paying attention and not letting their attention wander. Mine would not have stayed on the skateboard as they get tired standing up and I'm too short (163cm) to be able to push without bashing my feet into them as well and making them lose their balance.

I bought a baby jogger city micro which is basically this model but the hood doesn't go down so far it's really easy to use it's one handed push and fold makes it easy to set up and put down and push around when helping other children, not bulky or heavy it's lightweight which I love. I actually bought it 3years ago when DD2 got an inguinal hernia and we had to wait for surgery to fix it for her and minimise how much she moved around due to the potential complications and she was fine straight after. DD3 has used it a bit but not really needed it since she was about 18mo and decided she was too grown up and must be like the big kids.

I have taught them all 'red light, green light' to practice stopping in potentially dangerous situations which has helped ease any issues I have with anyone walking. If I was doing a big shop I'd park away from parent parking and park near trolley returns and grab a trolley straight away and using that and my sling it contained everyone safely without me having to go in and then look for a trolley as my little runners would try running away too excited to be in the shops to contain themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are about to have 4 under 3.5 years. We are waiting on an abc adventure buggy quad. The 3.5 year old and 2 year old can walk however they can't walk 2-3kms or for a long distance and with so many if one runs the other goes in a differed direction. This was one of the only quad prams we found. We also have a mountain buggy duet that we use if we are both home