DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

Oliveaux  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliveaux View Post
    thanks so much everyone, i repeated the test today (with a pink test!) and it was very faint to the point where im not even sure if theres anything there and then, shortly after (but outside the time frame) a faint pink line! i think im going to have to wait a week and retest if i dont get AF in the mean time. My period is all over the place, i have (suspected) PCOS but ive had 3 pregnancies and my cycle seemed to be back on track. I've never had an evap line on a pregnancy test before so yyyeah not to sure what to think atm
    Hi

No need to wait a week, a test the following morning should be enough.
    On my second child, we had been trying for a while so I regularly took tests.
    On the weekend on my first child's birthday I tested to see if I was safe to have a drink to celebrate. It was negative. I chucked it in the bin and planned our weekend.
    Something made me look at it again the next morning though and there was a line. I know it very well might have been an evaporation line at that point but it made me test again immediately just in case, sure enough it came up immediately, a little faint but it was a definite positive.

Good luck

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reeve For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (24-11-2013),Oliveaux  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    No way is that an evaporation line. I had that kind of result with my last pregnancy and she is 18 months old now A line is a line, and if you got one again with a pink test then it is picking up hcg, you are probably just very early. Hcg doubles every few days so it would be darker again in 3 days even. Good luck
    OP I really hope you are pregnant, but I'm sorry KaraB, this is not true! I had a distinct blue line once. It came up after 10 mins but before 20 mins and was a very clear blue line. I was NOT pregnant. You cannot trust blue line tests, especially after the time frame on the leaflet has elapsed.

Good luck op!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (24-11-2013),KaraB  (24-11-2013),Oliveaux  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    OP I really hope you are pregnant, but I'm sorry KaraB, this is not true! I had a distinct blue line once. It came up after 10 mins but before 20 mins and was a very clear blue line. I was NOT pregnant. You cannot trust blue line tests, especially after the time frame on the leaflet has elapsed.

Good luck op!
    I got a blue line on one of these within the time frame and was not pregnant. They are very unreliable.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Oliveaux  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post

Good luck op!
    Oh I know, it was more the pink test line that had me thinking it was a real positive. The blue dye tests are crappy and not reliable, I agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh i will never use a blue dye again!! in fact i'm going to call the company on Monday and complain as one of the tests failed completely. I've only got one test strip left lol so after reading this i've decided to use it tomorrow morning and see! i swear i should find a bulk pack of 100 from eBay or something :P

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oliveaux For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (24-11-2013),Laydeebugxxx  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did you go op? Fx for you.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chickenfoot83 For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (28-11-2013),KaraB  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What the heck is a evap line ? Lol
    Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    an evap line is when the wee starts to evaporate, leaving a line from the process. Sadly thats what this was since I made this thread though, my partner and I have decided to officially start TTC. So hopefully we'll have better luck next month! And of course, no more blue tests!!