+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My mum had Facebook for a whole week, she thought only her friends could see what she wrote, but didn't realise when commenting on a photo her brother had posted, that all his friends could see it. So when she commented 'what a fvcking miserable day that was, poor bugger' on a photo from her brother's wedding day... she was so offended by the backlash.

Now she logs in with her sisters account, I've tried to explain to her that that's really not cool (I've blocked her sister from seeing most of my page, except my kids albums) as people don't know that they're allowing her to see their page by having her sister as a friend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh and the stalker feed!! I was replying to a friend and her posts are set to public, she also has the 'follow' option turned on, so her public posts can be commented on by anyone. Ex-MIL started replying to my replies... was so creepy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    -posting 27 status updates a day, none of which are worth reading. Even more annoying is when they whinge that you didn't like every single one of them

-airing your dirty laundry in a status

-sharing every quote photo you read

- the cryptic ' ' or 'so ****ed off' etc. attention seeking statuses

-82 photos of you/your children/pet etc. a day... with lots of mums on my friends list, my news feed is currently being bombarded with atleast one photo a day from each person that is breastfeeding. I think it's great that they're able to breastfeed, but it's actually starting to seem like a competition

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

beebs  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I know! I even had a look if there was a way of blocking her from seeing what I comment on but still have her as a friend so she's none the wiser... No such luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    @AmyEL I think ive done sone similar to this...there is a setting somewhere where u can customise who sees ur photos n wall n possibly things ur tagged in n commented on. U can actually specify to exclude certain ppl. I did this a while ago with work colleagues who I didnt want interfering in my life but didnt want to hear the bs by unfriending them. Can't be sure what the settings relate to but I know certain ppl can be excluded. Ill let u know if I find it.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you need to categorise people into groups, then you can choose who sees what you post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have lots of people on my Facebook just for a laugh or a pick me up.
    One in particular though that annoys me and I wonder why she keeps doing it to herself, always breaks up with her abusive partner, writes things like I'm sick of being pushed around the kids are scared of you and then the next day she writes how he is an amazing partner and the best daddy ever! So caring etc. ummmmmm WTF?!
    Another friend who I am actually close with but I giggle at her FB antics..
    She is a single mum to 2 boys so on her off weekend she is normally drinking with childless friends the whole time she is drinking she is updating FB with status and duck face selfies. Also if I ever drink with her she tags me in all sorts of things and sometimes even uses my phone I'm horrified the next day!
    Another friend only uses her FB for selfies like seriously never uses it for anything else other than to put up pics of herself.
    I love Facebook I think it's hilarious how different everyone's lives are.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Monster & Boof For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kelstar002 View Post
    @AmyEL I think ive done sone similar to this...there is a setting somewhere where u can customise who sees ur photos n wall n possibly things ur tagged in n commented on. U can actually specify to exclude certain ppl. I did this a while ago with work colleagues who I didnt want interfering in my life but didnt want to hear the bs by unfriending them. Can't be sure what the settings relate to but I know certain ppl can be excluded. Ill let u know if I find it.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    When you go to their profile, click the friends box and there is an option to set them to restricted. They will only be able to see your public posts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Check ins at hospital or courthouses with zero other info
    ... seriously drive me bonkers. Different in above cases when you need people to know. There is some overshare on faceyland!
    Last edited by dancingbutterfly; 23-11-2013 at 08:58.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

beebs  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why have a Facebook account if your going to add someone and not even bother conversing with them in any way? (even liking a status). And also when people add you after a significant event has happened eg. a new baby, wedding etc. to look at photos but have barely spoken a word to either of them in your life!
    Edit: we went to school together and I think I care too much what they think to deny their friend requests or delete them. ?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There's a guy I have on my facebook who I get great entertainment from. He's a nice enough guy, and his posts don't annoy me, but I don't think he'd appreciate how amusing I find them. I'll have a look at his most recent posts:

1- a duckfaced picture of himself, saying how his muscles are loving a bath
    2 - four pictures of his friend and the glasses he helped her pick out
    3 - a picture of a thankyou note he received
    4 - inspirational mesage
    5 - duckfaced picture of himself in the shower
    6/7/8 - pictures & statuses about his new phone
    9 - posing picture of himself going to bed
    10 - general selfie

His statuses usually get 30+ likes (including all the 'going to bed' ones etc.), and he often goes on rants about how people should stop being so stuck up and expect him to answer facebook messages because he just gets too many, or how people aren't good friends because they never like any of his posts unless they're directly related to them...

Interesting guy.
    Last edited by Renn; 23-11-2013 at 09:54. Reason: typo

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Laydeebugxxx  (23-11-2013)