+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdk View Post
    I don't post many pics of my 4 month old on my news feed but I do have a secret family and friends group for pics and one for our mothers group. I hope people don't think I am a bad mother because I don't put up a million baby shots or have her in my profile pic.
    Yep, me too. My DS is almost 4 months and I have a secret album on fb for my MIL in Melb and other family who asked to be added where I can spam photos of him for them. They love it and I don't drive all my other friends nuts

What I don't get are people that feel the need to put up 20 photos and status' about their dog everyday!!! Seriously, what the h***!?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My Mum shares 10+ inspirational quote pictures a day and tags me in all of them... Changed settings so her posts no longer show up on my feed and what she tags me in is hidden

Also I refused to add her while I was in high school because well, it's embarrassing (and still is) to have your mum comment on everything you post! Anyways I promised her at the beginning of year 12 that I would add her when I graduate, thinking she'd forget... As soon as we got in the car after grad she reminded me :/ then went on a long spiel about how I shouldn't have anything to hide.
    Last edited by callmedragon22; 22-11-2013 at 22:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of these are so funny & I think we all have at least one fb friend that annoys the crap out of us.

My mum is terrible on fb. Her statuses are so monotone, like 'Went to dinner at the bowls club, it was good'. And when she wishes someone a happy birthday she puts it as her status instead on the persons wall.

Another is the new mum who openly says on fb that her daughter is the cutest baby ever. Everyone thinks that of their kid, you don't fb it.

Then there's the friend who's statuses are only to get people to comment on how awesome she is ie rescued a dog today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love reading the website Lame book. Always get a laugh out if it. IMO it's better than damn you autocorrect

Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I know! I even had a look if there was a way of blocking her from seeing what I comment on but still have her as a friend so she's none the wiser... No such luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Actually there is a list called restricted list on your FB so any friends you add to that can't see any of your activity unless your posts are public. It can be done via computer. Hope this helps.

My irk would have to be a friend who posts anything and everything about her boobs and breast feeding including pics. Yes, it's great that you tandem and extend breastfeed your kids but FFS stop blabbing about it and making as if that's your whole life. Would love to see other pics from you beside your boobs!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (23-11-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    My Mum shares 10+ inspirational quote pictures a day and tags me in all of them... Changed settings so her posts no longer show up on my feed and what she tags me in is hidden

Also I refused to add her while I was in high school because well, it's embarrassing (and still is) to have your mum comment on everything you post! Anyways I promised her at the beginning of year 12 that I would add her when I graduate, thinking she'd forget... As soon as we got in the car after grad she reminded me :/ then went on a long spiel about how I shouldn't have anything to hide.
    Way to make me feel old! The internet was not even widely available when I was finishing highschool.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

babyblu11  (23-11-2013),beebs  (23-11-2013),HearMeRoar  (23-11-2013),SHAELEEJANE  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My BIL is pretty hopeless. At least once a week his status update is 'Happy Birthday mate, hope it's a good one' but he never tags anyone or manages to write it on their wall, always in his own status. He stuffs it up every time! Cute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate the statuses

"So upset" etc or a sad face or something

Then everyone asks "whats wrong, are u ok"

Abd they either dont reply or say "ill pm you"

why put it up in the first place then. Meh.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (23-11-2013),Atropos  (22-11-2013),beebs  (23-11-2013),calicocat  (23-11-2013),IvyRain  (23-11-2013),Kellbell85  (23-11-2013),kezanazz  (23-11-2013),Laydeebugxxx  (23-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (23-11-2013),Renn  (23-11-2013),TSW13  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    - The inflammatory/racist facebook rant where the poster tells all their friends how horrible (insert race/religion/minority group here) is and blames them for all societal problems and gets ridiculously angry when called on it. Surely they knew their post would ignite debate??

- The serial inspirational quote sharer. The picture of the sunset/ocean/flower with the cheesy line didn't make me feel better, sorry.

- Constant gym updates. Yeah, sorry. I don't actually care! Once in a while, fiine. Multiple updates per day (Did 5 kms on the treadmill- woo!- Just benched a million kgs! Yeah!- Drinking a protein shake before spin- yay! - Abs are killing me after a million sit ups- go me!) and you get blocked!

- The keyboard animal activist- sharing pictures of mutilated puppies does not "spread awareness" and facebook will not donate $1 per share or like

- Same as above re pics of sick or injured children.

- I have a friend who constantly shares posts to do with the american military and their heroism. Don't get me wrong, I've no doubt there are heroic members of said military. But this friend is neither american not military himself- nor is he concerned with the accuracy of these posts!

-People who share those ridiculous natural health posts that make outlandish claims (Honey and cinnamon will cure ALL diseases! Mangosteen juice cures cancer! Drink hot water every morning to do xyz!)

-People who share urban myths without checking- snopes, people! Or hoax slayer- check!

(Wow, I come off as a real grump! )

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (24-11-2013),CatesBean  (23-11-2013),Falkor  (23-11-2013),Gandalf  (24-11-2013),GreenMama  (23-11-2013),Laydeebugxxx  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh! One more- Selfies in the bathroom with the toilet in the background. I have several young cousins that do this CONSTANTLY! No one wants to see your toilet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha such an entertaining thread.
    Unfortunately (or fortunately), I lost all patience for all the self pity and constant ridiculous / childish posts from many Facebook friends and deactivated my account at the beginning of the year. People used to drive me crazy on there!