+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirligig View Post
    My MIL and SIL are driving me insane with multiple comments on anything I post. The are experts on EVERYTHING apparently! My 4.5mth old DS has eczema, so yesterday I posted asking for advice, tagging friends who either have eczema or whose kids do. They both posted 3+ comments each giving advice as people who have never had skin problems! It's embarrassing! I've had multiple friends and family ask WTF about different comments they've made. Can I unfriend my in-laws?!
    Make them aquaitences (can't spell and it won't autocorrect!) then put your statuses up as seen by friends except aquaitences?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thankgod I don't have facebook! Sounds incredibly annoying to have at times

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a few friends on my Facebook who do the duck face pose in photos and we are 25/26 years of age :/
    ...then theres another group of friends who refer to their best friend as their "bestie" and have to update how much they love their "bestie" or what they are currently doing with their "bestie"... I don't know, the term 'bestie' sounds so childish. Might just be me.

Then I have a cousin who I recently had to delete (second time I have deleted her) who lives overseas & doesn't understand english at all but she tries to be so involved in my life that she adds my friends. Recently I commented on a friends photo (who she isn't friends with) but the photo isn't private so it would have come up on her newsfeed that I commented and I later realised that she had liked the photo!! :/ ..I deleted her & blocked her as I know she will try add me again.

Theres also a girl who I used to be really good friends with but we have slowly been drifting apart since last year, she has recently lost a lot of weight and her Facebook page consists of a lot of selfies, photos of how she used to look like & then a long paragraph that goes with it saying how she will never go back there again & then a thousand status updates about how people always comment on how healthy & thin she looks. I am actually very happy for her and the change she has accomplished but she is SO FULL OF HERSELF NOW, so much so that when i put up the photo of my ultrasound (basically announcing to my Facebook friends my pregnancy) she didn't congratulate me & all she cared about was who was coming for a night out to farewell her as she has moved to Melbourne. Any rare photo that I have put on Facebook in regards to my pregnancy she has not acknowledged once!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't post many pics of my 4 month old on my news feed but I do have a secret family and friends group for pics and one for our mothers group. I hope people don't think I am a bad mother because I don't put up a million baby shots or have her in my profile pic.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mdk For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (23-11-2013),SHAELEEJANE  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mdk View Post
    I don't post many pics of my 4 month old on my news feed but I do have a secret family and friends group for pics and one for our mothers group. I hope people don't think I am a bad mother because I don't put up a million baby shots or have her in my profile pic.
    Once my bub is born I will be doing the same as you. I actually find it really annoying when new mums post a thousand photos of their child. Its like heres 10 photos of my child in a new outfit from different angles :/.... I think a few photos to see your cute little one is fine, in my opinion.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lissymama For This Useful Post:

SHAELEEJANE  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Step-Grandma...whenever she want's to 'like' a photo or a post, she will actually comment with the word 'like'....I actually think it's cute/hilarious

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to littlelove For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (22-11-2013),2BlueBirds  (23-11-2013),Gandalf  (24-11-2013),HearMeRoar  (23-11-2013),JR03  (23-11-2013),mrswhitehouse  (23-11-2013),Renn  (23-11-2013),SHAELEEJANE  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CatesBean View Post
    Yeah I don't get this. Why check in? Others get all worried and ask what is wrong. "Oh, Johnny stubbed his toe " way to freak people out! If you need to go to ED you probably shouldn't be on fb...
    A girl I went to school with was posting on FB as she was in an ambulance on the way to hospital after her son had stopped breathing.... What the hell? Who does that.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

CatesBean  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    Make them aquaitences (can't spell and it won't autocorrect!) then put your statuses up as seen by friends except aquaitences?
    Thanks! I'll give it a try!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of my husbands I keep for pure entertainment value.... Single mother, has more boyfriends than my kids have had hot dinners, post cryptic clues about trying to get knocked up, is always on her last dollar but smokes like a chimney and drinks like a fish. Often I'll get a text from DH saying omg see what she posted today. Bahahahaha it's our daily trash feed

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

mrswhitehouse  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sam4frankie View Post
    My Step-Grandma...whenever she want's to 'like' a photo or a post, she will actually comment with the word 'like'....I actually think it's cute/hilarious
    That's just gorgeous! Ha ha