+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default When the kids are away... How do you 'play'?

So DS has gone off with daddy for the night and he was so excited about it so I feel very fine with it I am glad he is now of an age where he can tell me what he wants to do so that I know for sure he's happy to stay at dads for the night.

Anyway, my plans to go out for dinner are cancelled, it's raining outside and I'm having a wine and listening to music. Here's the stats regarding how I feel right now!:

- chuffed I get to sit and relax and have an evening to myself - 50%

- feeling a little forlorn, it's so weird without DS here! I don't like it! - 50%

No wait, change that to 70% and 30% respectively.... No 80/20...

Anyway, if this becomes a regular weekly thing, I might have a night to myself every week! Wow!

What do you do when the kids are away? How do you feel? Do you love it or hate it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like going to the movies, thats my little treat

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love going out to breakfast or having a coffee in a cafe either by myself or with a friend.... Bliss

I also stay in and watch DVDs that I can't watch with them here.

And I clean my house to sparkling the moment they leave so I can pretend I have a spotless home if only for a weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I take all the kiddy locks off. Lol, it's liberating.

I wash my bedding, so I can have fresh bedding and no kids in it, two pleasures.

I sometimes go away to stay with friends/family in Brisbane.

I read.

I have friends over to just hang out and chat in peace.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yay responses! Was a but quiet there for a while

Nice! I like these ideas, I haven't been to the movies since pre-DS! How sad.

Cant be bothered cleaning... Just pushed DS's tots into the corner.

Im plonking on to the lounge and going to watch Top Gun (it's on TV, yay!). Just caught up on some breaking bad too. My pup is giving me cuddles too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I go out most weekends and leave DS with my dad who lives with us. Only time i actually get without dad or DS near me apart from when i work. I go to friends houses for dinner, drinks, good convos. Next week i have a movie date with my best friend on the friday and i am positive i have something on saturday night too otherwise if not, i will be invited to something. May even have a date lined up perhaps too.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even though DS1 goes fortnightly to his dad's, DS2 is with me 100% and will be for quite some time overnight.

So.....I have no response for you, but wishing you a relaxing evening

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well, I have a DP now so spending time with him is what I do. I get from Friday after work until Sunday evening child free, fortnightly, and he also has the same weekends child free. He plays cricket most of Saturday so I get stuff done around the house or go shopping, do gardening, catch up with paperwork or just lounge around in PJs doing jack all. When DP is there we try to get out and do stuff together, just generally being spontaneous....something that is hard to do with our 5 kids around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Catch up with friends, take my time when I go shopping!! Sometimes I like to just relax at home and read a book and have some me time but too much of that sometimes makes me miss the kids even more as its just too quiet without them in the house. I usually balance that with a lot of distraction!