+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I haven't been back in to update, we welcomed another little princess on Monday afternoon. I had to have a second application of gel Mon morning but once they broke my waters and put the drip on I went from 2cm to giving birth in about an hour and a half so it was pretty intense. Managed to birth the placenta but had a large tear which is very painful. Her head circ was 36, I think that's like 90th percentile, just like her big sister! She is a petite 7lb2oz and a nice long 51cm and we named her Tessa. Here's a pic!! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1409695879.745637.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Green Cheese, she is beautiful! And a lovely name. Sorry to hear about the tear, hope it heals quickly. Well done on a gorgeous girl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cheese View Post
    Sorry I haven't been back in to update, we welcomed another little princess on Monday afternoon. I had to have a second application of gel Mon morning but once they broke my waters and put the drip on I went from 2cm to giving birth in about an hour and a half so it was pretty intense. Managed to birth the placenta but had a large tear which is very painful. Her head circ was 36, I think that's like 90th percentile, just like her big sister! She is a petite 7lb2oz and a nice long 51cm and we named her Tessa. Here's a pic!! Attachment 60162
    Yay! Welcome to the world precious Tessa! Well done mama and hope you heal quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone going? I miss catching up with you ladies now the lil ones are here. @Colbie @Green Cheese especially because you ladies were with me in the other thread.
    Vivi is two weeks already. It goes so fast once they arrive!
    We are doing pretty well. Only she isn't a fan of the car which is a bit of a pain. I can't reach her from the front because of the car seat, I didn't choose a very good one and can't find the receipt to return it! Luckily we don't really go out that much I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know, I have been wondering how you girls were all doing but not conscious enough to check in. I forgot what having a newborn was like. I'm so exhausted, I go from fine to literally unable to keep my eyes open within half an hour.

As for Tessa - well she is two weeks old tomorrow and we've been having feeding/weight issues. She was going great at the start with normal range weight loss in hospital, but had a LC appt last Monday and she had dropped further and she continued dropping all week. Not huge amounts but just slightly so they are getting concerned and we've been trying boob/bottle/pump all weekend. Not something I want to do long term so hopefully she has started to put some weight on and we can work towards boob only. But dd1 was formula fed so no issues if we have to switch, it would just be a whole lot more convenient if I could bf instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls
    @Bluebirdgirl shame she doesn't like the car they tend to love it or hate it don't they. We have only done short trips with Maisie so far e.g. school run, and she seems okay.
    @Green Cheese oh no, that sucks about the weight gain. Don't let them scare you too much though. Obviously if the losses are significant and indicate failure to thrive, it's to be taken seriously. But she's still so little and building your supply. Have some skin to skin each day and try to just feed as much as possible. If you really want to bf I'd limit the bottles but up to you of course, just speaking from my experience with DS.

Well Maisie is 2.5 weeks and doing so well. She feeds lots and is a pretty good sleeper, although every night seems to be different. Unfortunately though I have nipple thrush which is excruciating I have had it over a week and have been trying to treat it since last Wednesday but nothing is working yet. I can't wait for it to stop hurting cause it's making me dread every feed. Even in between feeds I'm in so much pain. Sucks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope her weight picks up soon @Green Cheese. Wish I could send you some weight gaining mojo, Viviana is gaining much more than she needs to. She's up a pound since birth. My others gained like crazy too, they don't stay little long :/

Hope the thrush is gone really soon @Colbie. So frustrating.

how often does everyone's baby wake at night? We are on the same schedule for days here. Every two hours. My others have been the same til 6 weeks. Just my husband is back to the island on Thursday, he has actually been helping a bit so I'm nervous that the house will fall apart when he leaves. He's been doing so much for our boys too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel @Bluebirdgirl. DH has been helping a lot with both the kids and the housework which has surprised and delighted me haha. He has one more week of holidays then back to work and I will have to do school run and stuff, it's a bit daunting. And I only have two hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    How is everyone going? I miss catching up with you ladies now the lil ones are here. @Colbie @Green Cheese especially because you ladies were with me in the other thread.
    Vivi is two weeks already. It goes so fast once they arrive!
    We are doing pretty well. Only she isn't a fan of the car which is a bit of a pain. I can't reach her from the front because of the car seat, I didn't choose a very good one and can't find the receipt to return it! Luckily we don't really go out that much I guess.
    Can you get a mirror so that she can see you? What sort of seat is she in? Sometimes adjusting the angle of the seat slightly can help (a slope of up to 45 deg where their back lays is acceptable).

AFM - little Ernie is 4 weeks now and an absolute champ. I think he decided with 2 big brothers he just has to fit in - was doing the Kindy run at 3 days old. DH is fairly useless, working 7 days a week so all he does is shower the 2 big ones and help get the to bed. Occasionally he'll do breakfast so I can sleep in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have angled the seat as much as we can @amyd, but yeh I was thinking of a mirror, you can buy them just for that reason hey?
    It's just not a very good seat. I wish I hadn't sold the one I used for my sons, but we thought we were done with babies!
    @Colbie, thank God I don't have to go anywhere! Hopefully my 12 yr old will be helpful and not get moody. She was he lot me out a fair bit when I was pregnant and I will need her help now but sometimes she gets in moods