+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Just dropping in quickly to share my news! On Thursday 14/8 at 7:12pm we welcomed a little girl into our family! We also named her Sophie! She was a little whopper at 9.1 pounds.

Ended up only needing gel to get labour going as she went the full 10 days over. Waters broke themselves at 3:30am while I was in hosp. Ended up with an epidural which was absolutely fantastic! She needed suction to come out after an hour and a bit of pushing. She was out so quickly after that and I had one stitch so perfect result!

Am so in love with her! We are still finding our way being parents but she is feeding fairly well and has the right stuff going on with her nappies and weight so must be doing something right lol!

Sorry I haven't had a chance to read through everything written over the past few days. I wish u all the best when ur times come!! Will keep an eye out for news!!

Enjoy it all, this is best time of my life (even with lack of sleep!! Lol) xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to NicErin For This Useful Post:

Green Cheese  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay @NicErin thanks for updating, I've been waiting for your news! You sound like you are on such a high congratulations on little Sophie and enjoy this special newborn time!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For some reason this weekend I've been really restless and feeling very ready for her to come! Trying to relax but it's just not happening. Is anyone (or did anyone) do any 'natural' things to help things along? I don't believe any one thing can induce labour as such (except maybe castor oil but NOT trying that) but I've been taking evening primrose oil to encourage a soft cervix, rubbing clary sage oil on my belly and trying to sit on my fit ball as much as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been taking raspberry leaf tablets to help prepare the uterus too but that won't help things along.

Last night about 1am I ended up with shocking diahrrea and vomiting for like half an hour and then it disappeared as quick as it arrived. Bubba has still been active and nothing else going on so I'm not too worried, but it was horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cheese View Post
    I've been taking raspberry leaf tablets to help prepare the uterus too but that won't help things along.

Last night about 1am I ended up with shocking diahrrea and vomiting for like half an hour and then it disappeared as quick as it arrived. Bubba has still been active and nothing else going on so I'm not too worried, but it was horrible.
    Oh yeah I have been drinking raspberry leaf tea as well but you're supposed to have like 4-6 cups a day and I only have one cup every couple of days lol. It gives me (painless) Braxton hicks.

That's so weird, do you think it's pregnancy related, or maybe something you ate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic news NicErin. So happy for you.
    I'm feeling ready now too. Don't think this baby has any immediate plans though.
    I've had a bit of spicy food and a couple of cups of raspberry tea but I haven't been very committed. I kind of think that babies just come when they want to. In saying that I'm sure I'll be trying everything if I go over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Green cheese I know that's what happened to me last time before I went into labour so definitely could be connected. Fingers crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Green cheese I know that's what happened to me last time before I went into labour so definitely could be connected. Fingers crossed for you
    Bubba still right up in my ribs and not much happening today, but I realised that what I've been putting aside for weeks as bub sticking butt out is actually possibly Braxton hicks. I'm not sure what caused it but hoping I don't get it again. My legs were shaking and all. I was a bit scared I was going into labour.

I had been taking two raspberry leaf tablets a night but ran out Wed, the new ones I got and took first time last night are capsules and smell really strong. They tasted horrible coming back up! I doubt they would be related to feeling sick though. I bought the tea earlier in the week but don't drink enough tea to get 4-5 cups a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Colbie I'm also using my electric breast pump to express but it doesn't seem to have made any difference either. And despite having done it almost daily for a week and a half I'm yet to get a single drop. LC said morning and night 10 mins each side and so far I've been mostly only getting one pump in but going to try and up it. Must get the clary sage oil out as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @NicErin that's wonderful! Well done!