+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on the birth of your little girl Mad84! Great to hear that all is going well!!

Good Luck Purple Lily for Wednesday! Hope everything goes smoothly not long now until you have your little bub in your arms!

I'm still waiting. Am 41 weeks today and nothing is happening. Back to the hosp for more monitoring today. Am thinking I will see if they can try a stretch and sweep again and see if it can be done this time. I have been fairly good for the pregnancy but had a little emotional moment yesterday. We have waited for over 3 years for this baby, just feels like every step has been dragged out, including labour!! Bring on Wednesday afternoon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Hi Colbie no nothing more. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow so probably too early. My son was born at 39 weeks though so maybe my body just getting ready.
    Are you feeling ready now?
    Well hopefully the contractions were doing something, even just softening your cervix a little. It all helps towards the real deal

Yeah I think I'm feeling ready. We got a fair few things ticked off the 'to do before baby arrives' list over the weekend. Still a couple of small things to organise but if she came anytime soon it would be totally fine by me hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad84 View Post
    @Colbie Freya is doing really well! I am still surprised that things are going smoothly so far, 72 hours old now. Milk is starting, that really isn't very comfy but if that's my biggest complaint I feel lucky! Hope you aren't too uncomfy, not too long now. Have you got things set up yet for your birth? Can I ask what the plan is for your DS? Will he get to welcome his sister into the world or will someone look after him while she is born? @Purple Lily best wishes for your sister today and getting excited for Wednesday for you! And for @NicErin unless there is a baby before then!
    So glad to hear all is well. It won't take long for the engorgement to settle down I'm sure

I haven't actually set anything up yet because I plan to birth in the living room (it's comfy, has heating/cooling and close to the kitchen for easy access to water) and I think having a big birth pool in the way for the coming days and weeks would be a pain! But it only takes around 15 mins to blow up. Then filling it takes a bit of time too. I think we will get it blown up and my birth space all ready as soon as my contractions have any kind of regularity. I have music, candles, newborn outfit etc all ready to go. My friend also made me a 'labour of love' pack with a heat pack, barley sugar, coconut water, candles, crystals etc. It was so thoughtful.

Yes of course you can, the plan for DS is to be there but I am keeping open to the fact things may change. He has said he wants to be there and I would love him to be, and that's partly why I hired my doula- so either DH or my doula can be a support for me, and one for DS. He's met my doula and she is wonderful with him. If he is sleeping, I more than likely wouldn't wake him though. And if he is not coping or having him there is not working for us for any reason, DH's parents live 5min away and will be on standby to pick him up if necessary. So we are just going to take things as they come I guess!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NicErin View Post
    I'm still waiting. Am 41 weeks today and nothing is happening. Back to the hosp for more monitoring today. Am thinking I will see if they can try a stretch and sweep again and see if it can be done this time. I have been fairly good for the pregnancy but had a little emotional moment yesterday. We have waited for over 3 years for this baby, just feels like every step has been dragged out, including labour!! Bring on Wednesday afternoon!!
    You have waited sooo long and now it will be here before you know it!! Sending labour vibes your way, hopefully it happens tonight or tomorrow for you, but if not good luck for Wednesday!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Colbie, sounds like a wonderful space to bring a baby into!
    Good luck tomorrow @Purple Lily and @NicErin so excited!
    I think the hormones have hit me, just thinking about what a blessing every baby is. Can't wait for more birth announcements!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks @Mad84 will be sure to come in and update when I can

Good luck tomorrow @NicErin! Will be thinking of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for tomorrow @Purple Lily and @NicErin!! I'll be thinking of you both, hope everything goes smoothly and I can't wait to hear your birth stories and all about your beautiful babes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow ladies. Can't wait to hear the news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks very much ladies I don't think I will have any news until Thursday though. Going in tomorrow arvo to be checked and will stay in overnight ad they will use the gel if my body hasn't done anything.

If it has and they don't need to use the gel ill come back home and go in first thing Thursday morning to be induced. Starting to get excited now even though there's still 2 more sleeps!

Good luck Purple Lily!! Can't wait to your good news!!

Mad84 I can imagine it takes a while for it to all sink in! Hope all is going well!

Colbie good luck with your home water birth if I don't get a chance to get back on here for a while!! I look forward to hearing how it all goes!

Good luck to you too Cappy! Doesn't sound like you are too far away from the main event!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NicErin For This Useful Post:

cappy  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Our beautiful daughter Sophie was born 9:27am today. Totally in love

1407927059820.jpg

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (13-08-2014),Green Cheese  (14-08-2014),~Marigold~  (13-08-2014)