+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Purple Lily that's so exciting that you will have your sister so close by! And I am another person looking forward to hearing how the home birth goes @Colbie
    Any news yet @NicErin? Or still waiting on Wednesday for an induction?
    Hope you are feeling better @Green Cheese having a cold while heavily pregnant would be so hard. Sneezing coughing blowing your nose with no abdominal muscles to help! You poor thing.
    Thanks for all the congrats on Freya, she is small but is perfect (of course!) still amazed that I made her! Labour was interesting, had lots of grand plans to make use of the active birth equipment and water bath for pain relief. None of that happened of course! Just had DH for support for most of the labour, think I gave the midwife a bit of a scare when she came in to check on me and realised I had to push! Was quick, second degree tear, but went so smoothly. Couldn't have asked for better really.
    Sorry for the long post, hope everyone else is travelling well. Looking forward to hearing about more babies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Exciting week ahead for you PurpleLily. I can't believe your sister is due at the same time, you couldn't plan that if you tried.
    I'm due on the 25th but had my DS at 39 weeks so thinking I might go a little bit before my due date. Feeling quite nervous yet excited.
    How does it feel knowing you will be holding your baby next Wednesday?
    I know hey! She's due 10 days after me but she has type 2 diabetes which can't be controlled no matter what they do and her bub is measuring around 4.5 KGS at 36 weeks :/

I'm not sure it has sunk in yet? I try to imagine what it will be like and I just can't. Its all feeling so surreal but so exciting. These next few days will probably drag but even if I was going naturally time would be dragging lol

Oh I hope you go a bit earlier! I can imagine how excited you must be waiting for it to happen. That's one thing I will be sad not to have this time and that's the whole not knowing when Its going to happen and the excitement over it just happening out of nowhere.

Fx you don't have much longer to go Do you know what you are having?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad84 View Post
    @Purple Lily that's so exciting that you will have your sister so close by! And I am another person looking forward to hearing how the home birth goes @Colbie
    Any news yet @NicErin? Or still waiting on Wednesday for an induction?
    Hope you are feeling better @Green Cheese having a cold while heavily pregnant would be so hard. Sneezing coughing blowing your nose with no abdominal muscles to help! You poor thing.
    Thanks for all the congrats on Freya, she is small but is perfect (of course!) still amazed that I made her! Labour was interesting, had lots of grand plans to make use of the active birth equipment and water bath for pain relief. None of that happened of course! Just had DH for support for most of the labour, think I gave the midwife a bit of a scare when she came in to check on me and realised I had to push! Was quick, second degree tear, but went so smoothly. Couldn't have asked for better really.
    Sorry for the long post, hope everyone else is travelling well. Looking forward to hearing about more babies!
    For sure, I won't feel as lonely knowing she's there and we are already close so will be nice Thanks for sharing about how your labour went, you really just never know how it will turn out. Sounds like your Dh was an awesome support Ouch about the tear, fx you heal up quickly! I love her name btw, very cute

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I had a couple of hours of contractions this morning and thought something was happening but it seems it was a false alarm. Probably still too early.
    Purple Lily we don't know what we are having do you know? Actually I think I remember you saying it was a girl. On my phone so can't check.
    Iam actually starting to feel excited. Was just feeling hugely nervous before but starting to look forward to meeting this little one.
    How's everyone coping with their newborns?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Well I had a couple of hours of contractions this morning and thought something was happening but it seems it was a false alarm. Probably still too early.
    Purple Lily we don't know what we are having do you know? Actually I think I remember you saying it was a girl. On my phone so can't check.
    Iam actually starting to feel excited. Was just feeling hugely nervous before but starting to look forward to meeting this little one.
    How's everyone coping with their newborns?
    Very exciting that things are starting to happen for you! Even if it was a false alarm, i think it's amazing that our bodies practice for the real deal. And it's great that the nerves are turning to excitement!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Mad84 how have the first few days as a mama been treating you? Hope little Freya is doing well
    @Purple Lily I hope your sister has a great birthing experience today! I can't believe you only have a couple of days to go!

Afm, 38 weeks today not feeling much of anything at all really, apart from the usual uncomfortable-ness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @cappy have you had any more contractions?!
    @NicErin any baby yet?!
    Last edited by Colbie; 11-08-2014 at 10:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Colbie no nothing more. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow so probably too early. My son was born at 39 weeks though so maybe my body just getting ready.
    Are you feeling ready now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Colbie Freya is doing really well! I am still surprised that things are going smoothly so far, 72 hours old now. Milk is starting, that really isn't very comfy but if that's my biggest complaint I feel lucky! Hope you aren't too uncomfy, not too long now. Have you got things set up yet for your birth? Can I ask what the plan is for your DS? Will he get to welcome his sister into the world or will someone look after him while she is born? @Purple Lily best wishes for your sister today and getting excited for Wednesday for you! And for @NicErin unless there is a baby before then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @cappy yep we are having a girl! Aww fx your body is just getting ready for the real deal
    @Colbie Thank you! I'm so excited to meet my niece, she's being born as we speak but I'm stuck at the antenatal clinic and pre admission appointments for myself. Will be heading to the ward after lunch to see them I'm so excited but so nervous about mine, only 2 days to go now. We have been so busy getting the last few things sorted that time hasn't dragged thankfully! Will definitely update once It's all done. Not long now until you meet your little one
    @Mad84 Thank you! Little Freya sounds like she is doing wonderfully