+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old woman... shops like Costco make me sad. All the little shops just keep getting swallowed up by bigger and bigger chains.

I wonder how much of the profits at Costco even stay in Australia. Let alone the local economy. Does anyone know?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old woman... shops like Costco make me sad. All the little shops just keep getting swallowed up by bigger and bigger chains.

I wonder how much of the profits at Costco even stay in Australia. Let alone the local economy. Does anyone know?
    I don't know, but it's not all bad. At least it gives the big 2 some competition.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (23-11-2013),katiana  (20-04-2014),risfaerie  (22-11-2013),snowqu33n  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

They still sell Australian made produce as well as common brand names ( they have an American home brand that's made in the US but I haven't bought any yet) and apparently get their meat and veg from local suppliers so I think they are the same as Coles and Woolworths but I have never seen so many staff! They must employ tons of people and they are all overly helpful!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (23-11-2013),katiana  (20-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree the staff are so helpful and friendly! I was so sick on my last trip they looked after me so well and I had a trolley full of stuff.

We got a 55" Samsung Smart TV for about $600 less then Good Guys etc so our membership paid for itself in the first trip.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Moowisha For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just subbing as like some others. . North lakes in qld will be the 1st in the state. . And I'm not that far away. ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Subbing also

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only been once with a friend who had a membership card.. I had toilet paper for months! My closest store is over an hour away so it's just not worth purchasing a membership for us unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We live very close to the new Ringwood store and went to check it out on Wednesday. Bought a huge box of huggies nappies when we were there. Will definitely head back to do a decent shop at some point in the near future. I already have ppl asking me to take them so they can have a look.

Thanks
    Reviews

I feel the same, but must admit that I am also rather curious. I probably would not stray from my green grocer and butchers for particular items, but would be prepared to buy staples like toilet paper from them instead of Woolies or Coles. I have a huge dislike for Woolies, unfortunately with a bit one within walking distance it is pretty hard to avoid it though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Where is the one opening in Queensland? Please be Brisbane or South of.