+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's great!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Electric Boogaloo For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3 yo does exactly all the things your daughter does if she has had a day time nap and the evening will be really exhausting. But if your child's bedroom is next to the family room the tv would disturb her and the tension from you guys will be as thick as butter. If you have to repeatedly have to put her back to bed then say nothing because she is looking for a reaction and no eye contact either.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sydneychick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Well dropped her day nap today, she seemed fine and was put to bed at 7 and was asleep by 8. And we had people over too!

Huge improvement

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Great! I would even put her to bed earlier at 6:30. I think 8 is too late to sleep when there's no nap.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe a reward system instead of a punishment system.

Like ...you will get an extra teddy or extra book to read or a sticker chart woth rewards,etc if you stay in bed..instead of no teddies and a smack.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsHoward For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Great! I would even put her to bed earlier at 6:30. I think 8 is too late to sleep when there's no nap.
    I will be but she slept in late as she was up so late the night before!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    And just to add op that I would NOT drop the day sleep. If she is grumpy when she doesn't have a day sleep she obviously does still need it. It's wouldn't be fair to keep her up if she is obviously tired and make her stretch out til night time. At 3 she does still need her sleep. Perhaps don't let her sleep as long through the day sleep or try putting her down earlier for her day sleep and see if it makes a difference to night time but keep the day sleep going as long as you can.
    But won't she be getting tired in the day because she's staying up so late at night because she's having the day sleep? That's what happened to us. After a few days of no nap ,and the early bed as she was so tired , it was all good. The cycle needs to be broken. DD occasionally fall asleep in the day and even if it's only 30 minutes it can take her an hour or two to fall asleep rather then the normal 15 minutes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CleverClogs For This Useful Post:

Ajmaratt  (13-02-2014),peanutmonkey  (23-11-2013),SoThisIsLove  (23-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD dropped her day nap at 2, and the biggest sign she was ready was fighting bedtimes. Now she doesn't nap and is tired when she goes to bed so falls asleep straight after her story. If I let her nap for 1 hour because she 'needs' it, she will stay up 3 hours later fighting sleep so she gets more sleep without the nap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverClogs View Post
    But won't she be getting tired in the day because she's staying up so late at night because she's having the day sleep? That's what happened to us. After a few days of no nap ,and the early bed as she was so tired , it was all good. The cycle needs to be broken. DD occasionally fall asleep in the day and even if it's only 30 minutes it can take her an hour or two to fall asleep rather then the normal 15 minutes.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Day sleeps are very important and should be encouraged for as long as possible. I read up on the importance of day sleeps in a section of the sleep manual I used for both my ds's and it puts it into perspective for you.

Persistence is the key, bedtime is an adventure for the ops child by the sound of it. keep persisting by putting the child back to bed when she comes out and she will soon learn to stay there. My ds1 had a day sleep until he was 3.5 and ds2 is 2.5 and still has a day sleep of 1.5hrs. When first transitioning to a big bed he would find it quite an adventure by mucking around and venturing out but 9 times out of 10 he now goes to bed and stays there. It was just a matter of him learning and us not giving into him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Day sleeps are very important and should be encouraged for as long as possible. I read up on the importance of day sleeps in a section of the sleep manual I used for both my ds's and it puts it into perspective for you.

Persistence is the key, bedtime is an adventure for the ops child by the sound of it. keep persisting by putting the child back to bed when she comes out and she will soon learn to stay there. My ds1 had a day sleep until he was 3.5 and ds2 is 2.5 and still has a day sleep of 1.5hrs. When first transitioning to a big bed he would find it quite an adventure by mucking around and venturing out but 9 times out of 10 he now goes to bed and stays there. It was just a matter of him learning and us not giving into him.
    I think we need to be mindful that not all children have the same need for day sleeps. My DD stopped having day sleeps before 2 and was constantly on the go with little behaviour issues.

By the sounds of the OP her kid is ready to drop the day sleep, the OP tried it and it worked...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (25-11-2013),Bubbles10  (25-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

All kids are different tho. What works for one wont necessarily work for another

putting them back to bed continuously isnt any good if they are not tired and simply getting too much sleep. We were doing this with dd for ages and it didnt work, just the same struggle every night till we ended up smacking out of frustration. It was our fault, not her being naughty.

She has been going down much better since dropping the day sleep. Still fights it a bit but i expected that as it will take her a while to get into her new routine. But a definite big improvement on the 3+ hours it was taking.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (25-11-2013)