+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm on the pill and have tried 4 different kids before I found one that works for me (without weight gain, headaches and mood swings)
    The pill I'm on is called Zoelly and it has been great the only downside is that it is $60 for 3 months coz it's not on the pbs yet.

I had discussed my options with my go and we both agreed that if this pill didn't work I would get the copper iud.
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 22-11-2013 at 13:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm also on Zoely. I think it's awesome I pay $70 in qld at the cheapest pharmacy for 3 months supply but my periods are so much nicer with it.

I've tried heaps of different pills and they just make me bleed constantly (I mean that I bled for 6months while on a pill cause the doctors wanted to see if it would 'settle)

I had the mirena put it was great for 2 weeks when it moved and made it so painful to walk so had it taken out and a new one put in. It was great for about 8months and then I got this horrible crampy painful period it went on for a month went to the doc to find that the mirena had fallen out at some stage.

So anyway now i'm on a pill and apart from it being a bit unreliable and break through bleeding at the start it's now working great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was on the pill before dd for years (took a break and that's how she came along) and never had an issue. Went back on the same pill after she was born and started getting headaches so started using natural family planning methods and all was well, I didn't have a surprise pregnancy or anything. After this bub, I'm going back to natural again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I was on the pill before dd for years (took a break and that's how she came along) and never had an issue. Went back on the same pill after she was born and started getting headaches so started using natural family planning methods and all was well, I didn't have a surprise pregnancy or anything. After this bub, I'm going back to natural again.
    What's natural family planning??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosengold111 View Post
    What's natural family planning??
    Zero contraception basically. Just relying on knowing your cycle. DP and I would be hopeless with this...don't even make it to the end of AF before DTD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

rosengold111  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    We use that too. I've used just about everything in the past- different varieties of the pill, Mirena, implanon- the first three destroyed my libido and with the implanon I bled for 8 weeks before giving up and getting it removed! In the end my libido issues had gotten so bad we decided to do NFP where at least I'd want to have sex even if we did end up with an unplanned pregnancy- as opposed to staying on hormonal contraception and never wanting sex. It's worked brilliantly for us and I've been on it for a few years now- with no unplanned pregnancies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Billings method here (natural family planning). My cycle is like clockwork though, I have used the method to conceive and avoid pregnancy for over 7 years without issue. I hated the Implanon and the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    NFP is watching for many signs that you are ovulating and abstaining from intercourse at that time. Some of the signs include
    Cervical mucous
    Basel body temp
    Salvia acidity

Another form of NFP is to track the cycle by calendar. So generally, women ovulate 14 days before their next period begins.

And lastly the old 'you're infertile while breastfeeding notion'

Hands up who's fallen preg while bfeeding.
    If I had 3 hands they'd all be up!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Crafty mummy For This Useful Post:

rosengold111  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps: we didn't rely on the bfeeding for contraception.
    I extended bfed so was still bfeeding into subsequent planned pregnancies.
    If that makes sense.