+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had 3 c/s and each time I've been up and walking within 2-4hours. I strongly recommend getting up and having a little walk around as soon as you can feel your legs, I swear it helps with the healing process. I also shower as soon as I'm up and get into my comfy clothes.
    I was discharged between 1 and 2 days after each c/s also so I could get back into recovering at home!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (22-11-2013),Lauzy  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had 2 c sections - 1 emergency and 1 elective. I was in bed for about 12 hours after the first and 24 hours after the second. The pain from getting up for the first time was intense both times but got a lot easier. I stayed 5 days the first time and 2 days the second time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    I've had 3 c/s and each time I've been up and walking within 2-4hours. I strongly recommend getting up and having a little walk around as soon as you can feel your legs, I swear it helps with the healing process. I also shower as soon as I'm up and get into my comfy clothes.
    I was discharged between 1 and 2 days after each c/s also so I could get back into recovering at home!
    Walking in 2-4 hrs! Geez I couldn't even feel my legs that soon. Great you recovered so quick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Walking in 2-4 hrs! Geez I couldn't even feel my legs that soon. Great you recovered so quick
    I've heard a lot of people say they couldn't feel their legs for hours but I could even feel my legs during my last c/s and warned them my leg was going to fall off the bed in theatre.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if anyone wore the recovery shorts or belt? If so, is the pain manageable with it and did it help in the long run for recovery?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PeonyRose View Post
    Just wondering if anyone wore the recovery shorts or belt? If so, is the pain manageable with it and did it help in the long run for recovery?
    I've got the abdo binder ( the belt) best thing ever!! When you walk it doesn't feel like your guts are going to fall out! The physio gave it to me. She said the shorts are good but expensive (around $200) . Binder is just as good, only cost me $60.
    I'd highly recommend the binder.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

PeonyRose  (08-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my c section 8 days ago today. I could feel and move my legs completely about an hour later and they let me get up and walk to the bathroom about 5 normal steps away (15 little steps for me) to clean my teeth 6 hours later. I was up fully the next morning showering and whatever after my cath was removed. I found that more uncomfortable than the wound itself.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've had two c/sections and I couldn't get up and around the next day, or with the last, I was ill for many months afterwards. But that happened with my VB - so much the muchness with me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miados2007 View Post
    I had my c section 8 days ago today. I could feel and move my legs completely about an hour later and they let me get up and walk to the bathroom about 5 normal steps away (15 little steps for me) to clean my teeth 6 hours later. I was up fully the next morning showering and whatever after my cath was removed. I found that more uncomfortable than the wound itself.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Me too - the catheter was the worst part for me!!!

In answer to OP I was in a bit of pain and struggled 1-2 days later. It took about 36 hours before I could eat.

2bd c-section I found 10 times easier. I ate about 4 hours after (only a little as I was worries id see it again) and I was eager to get up the next day. I only held hubbies hand where as with the first I needed a nurse on either side.

I have been told the 3rd is even easier so I am crossing my fingers...

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi laddies,

I had a c section 9 weeks ago at the beginning I recovered really well I was just 4 hrs later and walking the next day think it had a lot to do with bub being in special care and I just wanted to go c him! I didn't need any pain mess after about 5 days. I was very fit and active before I got pregnant and walked every day when I was pregnant, I am able to do workout again no sit ups obviously but I am not able to run I get horrible pain like a stitch but it's not it's worse! just want to no how long it took before you were able to run again! I'm going Physio next week so hopefully they can help me out to!