+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Zoe's mother doesn't agree with this bill. Say no more.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (22-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My cousin accidentally elbowed me in the stomach one afternoon. Really hard. I was curled over in pain. At 15 weeks pregnant, we found out that we had a missed miscarriage - which had occurred 10 days before, the same day I copped that elbow. Our wedding anniversary. Now had our daughter been a little bigger or a little older these new laws may cover a situation like that... but I would never hold my cousin responsible, infact I try not to think about the accident.. and accident is exactly what it was.

Had the blow been intentional though... well, I think I would like to hold someone accountable. Particularly nearing the due date. Then again I think if someone were to intentionally approach a pregnant woman and hit her hard enough to kill the baby then there are other issues going on. I realise this does happen in some domestic violence situations and as I am not in that type of relationship I don't really know how to feel about that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by blissfulfairy; 21-11-2013 at 18:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Just want to add that babies are considered human after 20 weeks already.

If you terminate and baby is over 20 weeks or 400gm, it must be given a funeral. If you terminate after 20 weeks, you need to sit before a panel and get permission.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Zoe's mother doesn't agree with this bill. Say no more.
    Where does she say she doesn't agree?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie89 View Post
    Where does she say she doesn't agree?
    When it was being discussed, she said she didn't agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I think I was wrong when I heard it on the radio, I thought it was Zoe's mum but it was someone else going through the same thing disagree with Zoe's law.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...pport-zoes-law

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    He's a religious fruit loop..
    Most pro-life supporters are

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Most pro-life supporters are
    I think Nile is a fruitloop but saying most pro lifers are .. that's plucking from the butt a bit...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fred Nile introduced the original version of Zoe's bill into parliament, without consulting Zoe's family and alongside a few other pieces of proposed anti-abortion legislation.

Chris Spence then worked with Zoe's mum to amend it (this was the version of the bill that passed).

In February this year, Nile embarked on a graphic campaign in the NSW Parliament, distributing colour images of abortion procedures in a publication designed to support not just Zoe’s Law, but the four other pieces of Nile’s proposed abortion legislation. His bills call for:

1. Abortion seekers to be required to undergo counselling and to view an ultrasound of the unborn fetus before proceeding with an abortion;

2. Abortion seekers to be (incorrectly) informed that abortion causes pain to the unborn fetus;

3. The prevention of abortion on the grounds of race or sex; and

4. The complete outlawing of the abortion of fetuses with a detectable heartbeat.

Fred Nile is anti-abortion. And in yet another of his attempts to further criminalise it, he’s exploiting the very real pain and tragedy of a family whose own desire for acknowledgement is currently at odds with the law.

Even Brodie Donegan is shocked by the intent of Nile’s Bill. After its introduction, she told the Sydney Morning Herald, “I was quite shocked by what Fred Nile has proposed. What we want has nothing to do with abortion; we support a woman’s right to have an abortion. We lost our baby unwillingly in a completely different context.”

Since then, the Donegans have been working with Liberal MP Chris Spence on an amended version of Zoe’s Law, called Zoe’s Law II. The new Bill would recognise fetuses at 20 weeks and over, or fetuses weighing at least 400 grams as living persons under the Crimes Act. Harm or destruction caused to such fetuses could result in charges of grievous bodily harm being laid against them directly, not the person carrying them. Like Nile’s Bill, Spence’s amended version contains specific exemptions for medical procedures or ‘anything done by or with the consent of the pregnant woman’.

http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and...905-2t71q.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blissfulfairy View Post
    My cousin accidentally elbowed me in the stomach one afternoon. Really hard. I was curled over in pain. At 15 weeks pregnant, we found out that we had a missed miscarriage - which had occurred 10 days before, the same day I copped that elbow. Our wedding anniversary. Now had our daughter been a little bigger or a little older these new laws may cover a situation like that... but I would never hold my cousin responsible, infact I try not to think about the accident.. and accident is exactly what it was.

Had the blow been intentional though... well, I think I would like to hold someone accountable. Particularly nearing the due date. Then again I think if someone were to intentionally approach a pregnant woman and hit her hard enough to kill the baby then there are other issues going on. I realise this does happen in some domestic violence situations and as I am not in that type of relationship I don't really know how to feel about that.
    A bit OT, but just wanted to extend my deepest sympathies to you AND your cousin (if she knows). That is a truly horrific situation to have to live with

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (21-11-2013),blissfulfairy  (22-11-2013)