+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I so, so hope this goes through. I only know the basics of it, but does anyone know if previous incidents can be prosecuted if the law does pass? Stupid question really I know, because it would be pretty much impossible to do so. But I can always hope

*Trigger warning*
    I've only lived with my mum briefly during my life, so for two years after I was born, then twice in Sydney/Melb for a couple of months. One of those times she requested I move in with her and her partner, and she was pregnant. He was a vicious, nasty bully who beat mum & I all the time, and slammed a sliding door on my head when a friends mum bought me an icecream.
    We lived in a caravan, and had the bunk area curtained off. I woke one night around a month before the baby was due, to hear this piece of crap hitting mum, and her screaming at him to stop hitting the baby.
    By coincidence, my grandma flew over to get me a couple of days later as she discovered I hadn't been in school for 6mths. A week later at home, grandma told me that I had a baby brother, but he was stillborn

I was only 9, and never mentioned it to anyone, as I'd never ever seen or experienced abuse before, so had no idea that I should have told. But as a teen, I realised that that piece of scum killed my brother. I've always wished I could track him down and make sure EVERYONE knew what he did.

Zoe's Law is too late for the murderer of my only sibling, but there are so many little babies out there that deserve justice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mamaof4 For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaof4 View Post
    I so, so hope this goes through. I only know the basics of it, but does anyone know if previous incidents can be prosecuted if the law does pass? Stupid question really I know, because it would be pretty much impossible to do so. But I can always hope

*Trigger warning*
    I've only lived with my mum briefly during my life, so for two years after I was born, then twice in Sydney/Melb for a couple of months. One of those times she requested I move in with her and her partner, and she was pregnant. He was a vicious, nasty bully who beat mum & I all the time, and slammed a sliding door on my head when a friends mum bought me an icecream.
    We lived in a caravan, and had the bunk area curtained off. I woke one night around a month before the baby was due, to hear this piece of crap hitting mum, and her screaming at him to stop hitting the baby.
    By coincidence, my grandma flew over to get me a couple of days later as she discovered I hadn't been in school for 6mths. A week later at home, grandma told me that I had a baby brother, but he was stillborn

I was only 9, and never mentioned it to anyone, as I'd never ever seen or experienced abuse before, so had no idea that I should have told. But as a teen, I realised that that piece of scum killed my brother. I've always wished I could track him down and make sure EVERYONE knew what he did.

Zoe's Law is too late for the murderer of my only sibling, but there are so many little babies out there that deserve justice.
    Hi mama, my heart breaks for you, your mum and your baby brother. THIS is a perfect reason this needs to get passed. I don't give a rats about the POSSIBILITY it will effect abortion laws, not one iota of me cares about that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (08-03-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I don't give a rats about the POSSIBILITY it will effect abortion laws, not one iota of me cares about that.
    I hope you're never in the position that you need or want one.

Mamaof4, I'm sorry for your families loss xo

Me + DF
    DS1- Sep '07
    DS2- Nov '08
    DD- July '11
    Our family is complete!

Gestational Surrogate- FET#1 March '14

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (08-03-2014),beebs  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I hope you're never in the position that you need or want one.

Mamaof4, I'm sorry for your families loss xo

Me + DF
    DS1- Sep '07
    DS2- Nov '08
    DD- July '11
    Our family is complete!

This topic has many faces that have already been debated. One could also say they hope you're never in the position where your 8 month in utero baby dies due to the actions of another.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    This topic has many faces that have already been debated. One could also say they hope you're never in the position where your 8 month in utero baby dies due to the actions of another.
    I think hoF was referring to the pp who said she didn't care if Zoe's law effected abortion laws, and yes, personally I hope no one finds themselves in either position

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-03-2014),headoverfeet  (08-03-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I think hoF was referring to the pp who said she didn't care if Zoe's law effected abortion laws, and yes, personally I hope no one finds themselves in either position
    Exactly what I meant

Me + DF
    DS1- Sep '07
    DS2- Nov '08
    DD- July '11
    Our family is complete!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (09-03-2014),beebs  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good news.

Quote Originally Posted by sky1 View Post
    Update: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/zoes-law-b...306-34a9b.html

Looks like it may not pass the upper house.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (09-03-2014),headoverfeet  (09-03-2014)