+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Honestly, sometimes you just don't know. How many men out there leave their family for another woman and start another family. I am sure if anyone thought their partner capable of that they wouldn't have had kids in the first place, but sometimes you just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    You conveniently left out the part she mentioned choosing a good mate. Only having s*x with someone who will support you if said contraception fails.

What Vic Park mentioned was all of those things in combination.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Why does it bother you? If it is flipped and the woman wants to keep it and the man doesn't, then the woman should keep it. Simple.
    Making a baby - mans responsibility 50%, woman's responsibility 50%

Therefore decision to keep a baby - mans decision 50%, woman's decision 50%.
    From this statement, that out of a woman wanting to keep and the man abort, that she should keep it. Which isn't 50/50 at all. This isn't about equal rights for men, or you would advocate that the man wanting her to abort should at least be heard.

What it boils down to, is you supporting whoever wants to keep the baby. Which in itself is fine. You are entitled to think that way. But what I see is a pro life agenda which you are masking as being being about gender equality. If it was about 50/50 say you wouldn't say she should automatically keep the baby if he wanted to abort.
    Last edited by delirium; 30-11-2013 at 14:49.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-12-2013),beebs  (30-11-2013),FiveInTheBed  (30-11-2013),harvs  (30-11-2013),Stiflers Mom  (30-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was thinking that too. If the woman didn't want to keep the baby and the dad did, and they kept it - that means that he had 100% of the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    From this statement, that out of a woman wanting to keep and the man abort, that she should keep it. Which isn't 50/50 at all. This isn't about equal rights for men, or you would advocate that the man wanting her to abort should at least be heard.

What it boils down to, is you supporting whoever wants to keep the baby. Which in itself is fine. You are entitled to think that way. But what I see is a pro life agenda which you are masking as being being about gender equality. If it was about 50/50 say you wouldn't say she should automatically keep the baby if he wanted to abort.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've only read the first post with the attachment & haven't read previous replies so I'm sorry if someone else has posted this already.

I think I have interpreted this law a lot differently to most have.

I am reading this as if someone does an act & hurts a pregnant woman & it causes her to loose her baby then they can be held criminally responsible for that act.

At the moment, if someone say assaulted a woman who is 24 weeks pregnant, the law doesn't acknowledge that it is a baby & the only charges that can be preferred are assault charges where you're not going to get much penalty in court for. Actually acknowledging its a human & making people accountable for their actions is what I believe this law is intended for, so in that scenario they may get years in jail instead of a suspended sentence. If this is how it is intended, I think it is a good thing.

It would cover a male or female person who assaulted (or did another act) the pregnant person causing them to loose their unborn child.

I don't believe it is trying to stop people from having abortions or medically necessary terminations.

That's how I interpreted it anyway.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

Caviar  (01-12-2013),twotrunks  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    I've only read the first post with the attachment & haven't read previous replies so I'm sorry if someone else has posted this already.

I am reading this as if someone does an act & hurts a pregnant woman & it causes her to loose her baby then they can be held criminally responsible for that act.

At the moment, if someone say assaulted a woman who is 24 weeks pregnant, the law doesn't acknowledge that it is a baby & the only charges that can be preferred are assault charges where you're not going to get much penalty in court for. Actually acknowledging its a human & making people accountable for their actions is what I believe this law is intended for, so in that scenario they may get years in jail instead of a suspended sentence. If this is how it is intended, I think it is a good thing.

It would cover a male or female person who assaulted (or did another act) the pregnant person causing them to loose their unborn child.

I don't believe it is trying to stop people from having abortions or medically necessary terminations.

That's how I interpreted it too. I think people are being too paranoid.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (30-11-2013),Rocky27  (30-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree Vic Park

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A 1999 study for the Alan Guttmacher Institute (AGI) estimated 46 million abortions worldwide each year, with 26 million taking place under unsafe conditions, resulting in the death of 78,000 women.

Yeah but don't worry, they were only living women, not fetuses so it is all good

What is most striking about these recent studies of abortion around the world is that whether it is legal or not, women are just as likely to get an abortion. The World Health Organization, with AGI, found in 2007 that abortion rates are "virtually" equal in rich and poor countries. Looking at abortion trends from 1995 to 2003, researchers concluded that regardless of restrictive abortion laws, women sought abortions. In other words, restricting access to abortion does not make it go away; it only makes it clandestine and unsafe. The worldwide unsafe abortion rate was essentially unchanged between 1995 and 2003. Because the overall abortion rate declined during this period, the proportion of all abortions that are unsafe increased from 44 percent to 47 percent.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (01-12-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (30-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post

Read the whole thread. We are all aware of what the law is intended for but are discussing potential ramifications of said law, especially when looking at countries with similar laws.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Saw this