+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    IMO person who kills an unborn child through a car accident etc should be charged BUT not the Pregnant mother unless she deliberately caused the death of her baby... Termination- if the pregnant mother decides to terminate, that is her business. Its her body and her choice. no one has the right to tell another person what to do with their body..
    But is termination not the mother deliberately causing the death of the baby? It's such a cloudy issue, you know?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    Yes Atropos I know what you're saying! I don't know why you have interpreted what I was saying that way. My point was I don't think it could head the way you think it could, I don't see how it ever could. That's all, am I allowed my opinion without constantly being called on it please?

It's really annoying when threads like this get controlled by a few who have their opinions and constantly jump down the throats of anyone with an opposing view. It ends up being reminiscent of hysteria imo
    Caring about women's issues is hysteria? I actually see it as rational.

What'snot rational is allowing governments to control women's bodies.

What is super annoying is when women are rightfully passionate about issues and should be angry, they should be upset and get called hysterical.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    Caring about women's issues is hysteria? I actually see it as rational.

What'snot rational is allowing governments to control women's bodies.

What is super annoying is when women are rightfully passionate about issues and should be angry, they should be upset and get called hysterical.
    Errr nope, that's not what I said... Clearly you haven't read the rest of of I've said.

Oh and I am one of the more passionate members of this Orem regarding women's issues... Anyway, all good, I've made my peace ith this thread/topic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I meant unaided, in that it would require no medical intervention to survive, that to me would be the only time I'd feel ok about a fetus having personhood, so no earlier than say 34 weeks. Even then that is a little early.
    What about babies born at 40 weeks that need medical intervention to survive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm surprised this thread is still running. It's given me something interesting to read though

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblu11 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If a baby is born at term then yes, of course it should be a person by law in its own rights. It already is. Once a baby is out and doesn't rely on a uterus to survive, then it is recognised as a person, and so it should be. But a 20 week old fetus? They can't even keep a 20 week old alive with intervention anyway, so I'm not sure how they can say it should have person hood that young.

Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    What about babies born at 40 weeks that need medical intervention to survive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    Actually, yes. I do still find it hard to believe. Because whilst I completely respect and understand a woman to have that stance for herself, I simply do not understand how someone can have that belief for ALL women.

In my mind, they are not comparable. My stances supports a woman's right to choose. The other stance denies women the right to choose. So how are they comparable when we start talking on a legal level?

When we start talking about legal measures, shouldn't the law be that every woman has the right to chose for herself (even if the law does place some restrictions), rather than take the pro-life stance, which is all about the unborn, and gives women no rights to choose?

When you really think about the pro-life stance, what it means, is that you are forcing women to give birth against their will. How is that okay?
    I think the reality of bodily autonomy has been over-stated. There are many cases where the law dictates that people don't have bodily autonomy. People can't kill themselves, jack off in public, walk around with their boobs on display and if someone started doing damage to themselves there are mechanisms in place where they can be forcibly protected if need be. So I totally get how an individuals bodily autonomy can be restricted, the idea that women be prevented from terminating unless facing a dire medical situation isn't that absurd... Or wrong ... To me. For me the heartbreak felt when hearing a babies life has ended doesnt go away just because the ending of the life was the mothers choice. That's how I can rationalise my feelings on the issue.

You ask how is it ok for a woman to be forced to give birth against their will. I ask how is it ok for a healthy baby to be killed for non medically necessary reasons.
    - people have different opinions on the issue it's that simple.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (27-11-2013),MummaJez  (27-11-2013),SoThisIsLove  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I want to touch on something mentioned a few times, the term incubator when referring to a pregnant woman.

It has been used in the 'pro-choice' argument that women shouldn't be incubators to babies they don't want.

I wonder if a woman is carrying a baby she wants, is she still an incubator?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I want to touch on something mentioned a few times, the term incubator when referring to a pregnant woman.

It has been used in the 'pro-choice' argument that women shouldn't be incubators to babies they don't want.

I wonder if a woman is carrying a baby she wants, is she still an incubator?
    Yes, of course. In terms of being the environment that houses and grows babies, of course she is. It's not an offensive term.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (28-11-2013),Lillynix  (27-11-2013),RobinSparkles  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm... When I hear the 'incubator' argument, I take it in the context of say, an incubator for chicken eggs vs a mother hen sitting on her clutch.
    For me, it does suggest some form of disconnect.