+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dp.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleetwood View Post
    Yes Atropos I know what you're saying! I don't know why you have interpreted what I was saying that way. My point was I don't think it could head the way you think it could, I don't see how it ever could. That's all, am I allowed my opinion without constantly being called on it please?

It's really annoying when threads like this get controlled by a few who have their opinions and constantly jump down the throats of anyone with an opposing view. It ends up being reminiscent of hysteria imo
    I prefer to call it passion

3. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Excuse me? I never said "rape" was a blessing. Dont be ridiculous. I already explained this a few posts ago, that I said the child, could turn out to be a blessing. But that I respected its the womans choice. Is another viewpoint so hard to comprehend?

You do not treat people as equal, esp it seems those with a belief in God or a religion they follow. Or in fact with any kind of opposing view.

Holes in my argument ( or belief ) is your own opinion and unfortunately it seems you cant express said opinion without being extremely rude and arrogant towards those on the other side of the fence.

How sad.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    But you can essentially say a woman who aborts is a murderer - and that's not rude?

The "respect" you show for other women's choices is delivered in an odd way.

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    So can I, like women being forced to carry a baby that is the product of rape, like they do in Catholic countries, because rape is seen as not so bad in the eyes of religion, certainly nowhere near as bad as terminating a pregnancy - that is a real problem right there. That means that said woman has NO chance of having a normal life. I am not talking about the women who want to continue with the pregnancy, I am talking about the women that are forced to when they don't want to.

And we want to talk about equality and women? We should start right there.

You mentioned before that I brought up the one worst case scenario. There are millions of these "worst case" scenarios around the world.

Last year a young woman died in Ireland because even though she was miscarrying - and the baby was not viable, they refuse to abort the pregnancy because it is illegal, because it is a catholic country. She got an infection which turned to sepsis and she died an agonising and drawn out death, even though a simple D&C would have sorted it all out.

There are so many more stories. I can link them if you like. I'm not trying to change your mind, but I do want you to see that it really isn't just as simple as Fetus comes first, always. It is never that simple.
    And ive repeated myself over and over and over that I never said anyone should be forced or that religious views should change the legislation? People can make tgeir own choices in all areas of life, doesnt mean I agree but nor is it my place to take away those rights

I agree its a complex subject and im merely offering different scenarios / views on the discussion.

Having empathy for all human life - including the unborn - does not make me vile. A forum full of mothers should understand that surely.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (27-11-2013),VicPark  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    But you can essentially say a woman who aborts is a murderer - and that's not rude?

The "respect" you show for other women's choices is delivered in an odd way.

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Dont put words in my mouth. I was pointing out what the bible said after YOU asked me about it. The point was that it was viewed as a life from conception and I said the punishment wasnt relevant to the discussion as it was the law of the time - That it was treated as murder. I never called anyone a murderer and you know it

Are you finished attacking me now?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (27-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (27-11-2013),VicPark  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Considering this, is it so hard to believe that many women have a rather blanket approach to their anti-abortion stance? That they don't agree with abortion even if they empathise with the situation someone is in ? Perhaps women feel that by having exemptions for one type of abortion (rape) it's starting the slippery slope of letting society think that an unborn child doesn't really matter and shouldn't have rights (which is unfortunately the case alhough Zoe's law is a tiny step in addressing this).
    Actually, yes. I do still find it hard to believe. Because whilst I completely respect and understand a woman to have that stance for herself, I simply do not understand how someone can have that belief for ALL women.

In my mind, they are not comparable. My stances supports a woman's right to choose. The other stance denies women the right to choose. So how are they comparable when we start talking on a legal level?

When we start talking about legal measures, shouldn't the law be that every woman has the right to chose for herself (even if the law does place some restrictions), rather than take the pro-life stance, which is all about the unborn, and gives women no rights to choose?

When you really think about the pro-life stance, what it means, is that you are forcing women to give birth against their will. How is that okay?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (27-11-2013),beebs  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont put words in my mouth. I was pointing out what the bible said after YOU asked me about it. The point was that it was viewed as a life from conception and I said the punishment wasnt relevant to the discussion as it was the law of the time - That it was treated as murder. I never called anyone a murderer and you know it

Are you finished attacking me now?

Not attacking

The argument that a woman shouldn't be able to take a child's life, simply because it is growing inside her. (condensed version of a number of posts)
    Yes, together with some of your other confusing posts... Makes me think that is what you are insinuating.

If you 'respect' a woman's choice... Then just respect it.

Apologies for contributing to a ridiculous off topic tangent OP.
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 27-11-2013 at 08:27.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I prefer to call it passion
    Haha fair enough.... In my defence, I was pretty cranky when I woke *peacefully* this morning (aka was woken by DS at 3 and again at 5am shoving toy trains in my face 'play trains mummy')..... I just got annoyed straight away when I saw I had been quoted

I don't care anymore... I've lost the will to scold... It's 35 pages... It's too much for me

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-11-2013),beebs  (27-11-2013),Mokeybear  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't say you did! I know you don't think religion should be involved in politics! I just said I can think of something worse.

And ive repeated myself over and over and over that I never said anyone should be forced or that religious views should change the legislation? People can make tgeir own choices in all areas of life, doesnt mean I agree but nor is it my place to take away those rights

I agree its a complex subject and im merely offering different scenarios / views on the discussion.

Having empathy for all human life - including the unborn - does not make me vile. A forum full of mothers should understand that surely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMO person who kills an unborn child through a car accident etc should be charged BUT not the Pregnant mother unless she deliberately caused the death of her baby... Termination- if the pregnant mother decides to terminate, that is her business. Its her body and her choice. no one has the right to tell another person what to do with their body..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

PrincessPud  (27-11-2013)