+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    it was me that said it. Never thought of myself as a house before, although by the end of this pregnancy i could be the size of one

My point was that to me its still a life, from conception. Most women dont even know they are pregnant until after a missed period by which time that bunch of cells has a beating heart - to me thats a life
    I guess I was referring to this - "life from conception"
    And understood you were arguing from the viewpoint of what the bible says?

...but, yes, anyway.

*yawn*

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was asked if personally viewed it as life from conception. So I answered.

It had nothing to do with what the bible says. Its my personal viewpoint. I held the same view before I was a christian.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 26-11-2013 at 23:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've been reading along. I feel pulled with my feelings about this law. On the one hand I'm pro-choice, but on the other hand, for me personally after 3 cycles of IVF to get our son & not being able to even try for another child without expensive, invasive IVF after seeing that embryo bubbling away on the monitor; That is our child. So if someone harmed me causing harm to my unborn child I would want to think that there could be some repercussions for their actions. However, I would hate that same law that essentially could bring more power to some women to be taking away the rights of others. It would have to be very carefully written.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please forgive me as I haven't read all the posts, However surely Zoe's law is to offer some kind of protection to unborn babies in the event of an accident, not a late stage termination?
    Surely any medical assistance ( or termination) would not be breaking this law?
    I live a street away from where this occurred. I heard and saw the ambulance and the commotion that Christmas Day and as I had a little baby of my own, I felt connected to, and have followed this story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I was once pro-life, to the point that I would have cut-off family members if ever they had a termination to my knowledge. But even then, rape was my exception. I figured that forcing a woman to go through a pregnancy she didn't want that resulted in sexual activity she didn't want either is just all kinds of wrong.

So while I *get* pro-lifers (even though I strongly disagree with their viewpoints), I will NEVER understand a pro-lifer who doesn't even consider rape as an exception.
    I never said a woman should be " forced" to do anything. For me even if I was raped I couldnt bring myself to have an abortion so was trying to explain the reasons why I still dont agree with it under those circumstances.

I was also flipping the coin so to speak by saying abortion may not automatically be the best option and why that may be. Just sharing my thought process if u like.

I still "feel" for the unborn child too. I cant help that....If that somehow makes me a vile person then so be it.

Its still the womans choice, yes. I acknowledge that 100%.

My beliefs should not be forced on others. Like I said religion and politics should not mix.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    This one line absolutely disgusts me.

It's one of the most vile things I have read on this forum.
    That's a bit of an over reaction to someone expressing a thought. I'm sure just because the poster expressed some empathy for the baby it didnt mean she had no empathy for the mother. Is there anyone on here that would argue abortion is fair to a baby? I hope not. In which case I thinker would be good to give the poster a break.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (27-11-2013),Miados2007  (27-11-2013),Mokeybear  (27-11-2013),OurLittleBlessing  (27-11-2013),SoThisIsLove  (27-11-2013),TheMadHatter  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

So while I *get* pro-lifers (even though I strongly disagree with their viewpoints), I will NEVER understand a pro-lifer who doesn't even consider rape as an exception.
    Pro-choicers often say that they are pro-choice even in all cases... Even when they don't agree with them (late term abortion, gender selection). Presumably because wavering in their pro-choice stance at any point starts the slippery slope of taking away women's rights.

Just before Lilynix posted:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    For the record, I am absolutely, 100% pro-choice. Even if that means a late term abortion at 37 weeks. I don't understand it, it's nothing something that I would do, and I wish that it didn't happen and I do find it abhorrent. However, I cannot be pro-choice but... I cannot start to place conditions on when an abortion is okay and when it is not. I just can't.

I admit, it's confusing, it makes perfect sense in my mind, I'm just not conveying it very well due to illness and tiredness!

Considering this, is it so hard to believe that many women have a rather blanket approach to their anti-abortion stance? That they don't agree with abortion even if they empathise with the situation someone is in ? Perhaps women feel that by having exemptions for one type of abortion (rape) it's starting the slippery slope of letting society think that an unborn child doesn't really matter and shouldn't have rights (which is unfortunately the case alhough Zoe's law is a tiny step in addressing this).
    Last edited by VicPark; 27-11-2013 at 04:54.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (27-11-2013),OurLittleBlessing  (27-11-2013),SoThisIsLove  (27-11-2013),TheMadHatter  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have huge problems with this law being passed. I think fine but it needs to apply to everyone including the mother. If the mother gets drunk and drives, has an accident that causes the foetus to die then she should also be charged for that. It either has to be one way or the other. To say that the mother can do whatever she wants no regard to her unborn child is okay but for someone else to is not okay? I just can't get behind that.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-11-2013),Mmumm  (27-11-2013),VicPark  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I was asked if personally viewed it as life from conception. So I answered.

It had nothing to do with what the bible says. Its my personal viewpoint. I held the same view before I was a christian.

You can think for yourself, rather than go by what the bible says... Good for you. Probably best not to bring god into this type of discussion then, for it serves no purpose but to be used in your defense when you choose to.

Cheers for the explanation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    You can think for yourself, rather than go by what the bible says... Good for you. Probably best not to bring god into this type of discussion then, for it serves no purpose but to be used in your defense when you choose to.

Cheers for the explanation.

Could you be any more condescending? Ill bring whatever I want into the discussion thanks!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (27-11-2013),OurLittleBlessing  (27-11-2013)