+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Nah it wasn't really a stab at you. Just the concept itself. I think it's a common christian belief that all the good things are god, all the bad things are man. Don't mean it as a criticism of your faith. Just the idea makes me twitchy and brings up the age old question why do bad things happen to good people?

I'm ultra sensitive about it, that's my issue not yours.
    I agree. Its not a correct teaching. Its ok tho....just wanted to explain it further.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Yeast is life
    I only just seen this.

Made me LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    That verse says if there is no permanent injury to the child but causes it to be born prematurely then they were to be fined anyway.

Read the next verse, verse 23. Says if they were serious injury then punishment was to match it and if it was to kill a child then its life for a life. So it was seen as murder.

...so you think if two men are fighting and wife is accidently harmed, resulting in the premature birth of her baby, and then if that baby dies in the next few days or so - that the man should be put to death??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    ...so you think if two men are fighting and wife is accidently harmed, resulting in the premature birth of her baby, and then if that baby dies in the next few days or so - that the man should be put to death??
    Oh boy. Are u just out to pick a fight? Is this really relevant ? You said you wanted the passage and there it is.

The point was is that it was viewed as taking a life.....not about the punishment according to the law at the time - thats irrelevant.

If you cause a death because of a car accident, even today , are u not liable? Or two men are fighting and a child gets in the way and is injured or killed, is no one to blame?

The bible doesnt say accident. It just says two men fighting or quarreling. So obviously intentional harm would too have been viewed as murder.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Miados2007  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    A child's potential life.

You cannot take away the life of a child, if that child never had a life.

Growing inside a womb, is not life. It's just not. It might be alive whether solely reliant on the woman, or not, but it's certainly not life. And not just by my own standards, by medical standards as well.

But honestly, you are making it sound as though a woman who is raped and falls pregnant as a result should be happy that they get the blessing of a child - something for their troubles? Something positive from the negative?

I've been fortune enough to never have to live as a survivor of rape, but really, I have found some of your comments rather offensive and upsetting, I could only imagine how those that have lived that trauma may feel.
    I disagree, an unborn baby has a life, albeit a very simple one. They sleep and dream, they can hear what's going on around their mum, they move independently. They have a sense of touch and taste, the list goes on really. More importantly after a certain amount of time they have pretty developed brains and nervous systems. I find it a bit baffling that you don't think that qualifies as life.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (26-11-2013),SoThisIsLove  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillynix it wont let me quote you

Im not saying that at all.

Im just giving another scenario, that it could be a blessing, that the abortion could cause further life long trauma. Just another way of looking at it thats all

I cant fathom how anyone can truly say that the unborn baby im carrying is not a life? Its moving of its own accord, sucking its thumb, sleeping, drinking amniotic fluid, has every part you and I have.

To me thats just denial. Each to their own as this thread has shown.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had deleted my post because I didn't think I was very clear.

The point I was trying to make is that I distinguish between A life, and LIFE.

Sure, you may consider YOUR baby to be a life, growing inside of you, and whilst I don't dispute that, I say they do not have a life.

I feel, you can only have a life, once you are living and breathing earthside.

So, therefore, you cannot take away LIFE, when there was no LIFE to begin with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    I had deleted my post because I didn't think I was very clear.

The point I was trying to make is that I distinguish between A life, and LIFE.

Sure, you may consider YOUR baby to be a life, growing inside of you, and whilst I don't dispute that, I say they do not have a life.

I feel, you can only have a life, once you are living and breathing earthside.

So, therefore, you cannot take away LIFE, when there was no LIFE to begin with.
    So again you are saying that an unborn child is not life. That u cant take away their life? What exactly does abortion do then?

If its not life, What is it then?

Does that mean u agree with late term abortion - for any reason? 30 weeks, 37 weeks?

Im genuinely baffled. Where does that leave those who have suffered miscarriages? Did they not loose a life inside them? Doesnt make any sense to me. In the womb - not a life. Outside the womb - a life all of a sudden.

Eta - I see what u are trying to say but I find it very confusing. Its life but your not taking away life by having an abortion etc.

Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 26-11-2013 at 21:56.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    How unfair for a childs life to be taken away because of its fathers actions.
    This one line absolutely disgusts me.

It's one of the most vile things I have read on this forum.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

beebs  (27-11-2013),Lillynix  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    This one line absolutely disgusts me.

It's one of the most vile things I have read on this forum.
    It was a general comment that could be applied to other situations. And just a train of thought.

Srsly having some concern for the unborn child in this situation too is the most vile thing u have ever read on this forum? What a joke.

Wow. I can think of many more vile things in this world.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (26-11-2013),OurLittleBlessing  (27-11-2013),TheMadHatter  (27-11-2013)