+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 507
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,710
    Thanks
    1,392
    Thanked
    7,295
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    I knew that's what you would say. And I will not agree with you because it was in fact easy for me to have approval for. I suppose it offends you to think that abortion rights might be made to look silly when it can be done for pretty much any reason as long as you know whst to say. It was not difficult in the slightest. You really need to be right, that seems to be your point. Have fun with that. I'm not interested in arguing with you about things I know. I was there. It was my experience- you can't tell me otherwise simply because you think so. This argument serves absolutely no useful purpose other than your amusement and self righteousness.
    To be fair, you said you were going to travel to another state. I hardly think it's accessible for all women.

    In other states, you can't just go in and demand a termination at 25 weeks.

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    12,708
    Thanks
    9,558
    Thanked
    12,691
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    Bottom line is, having specific laws to protect a foetus, is wrong.

    ?
    This is in your opinion.... !

    That's all we have on here, our opinions. There is no overarching right or wrong with this issue. Just a bunch of opinions.!

    While we are on the topic of opinions....In my opinion any act to harm a baby over 20 weeks (where the act is not being done to protect the mothers/bubs life) is wrong. In my opinion having specific laws to protect a baby is very right.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

    SoThisIsLove  (26-11-2013)

  4. #273
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Because I believe the foetus has a right to life. Thats just how I feel.

    Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I do respect your point of view. To understand what I mean, ask yourself why foetus has a right to life. DOes this right come into play from the moment of conception? At that stage it's a bunch of cells. Why does this bunch of cells trump the rights of the woman carrying it? Know what I mean?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

    SassyMummy  (26-11-2013)

  6. #274
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    This is in your opinion.... !

    That's all we have on here, our opinions. There is no overarching right or wrong with this issue. Just a bunch of opinions.!

    While we are on the topic of opinions....In my opinion any act to harm a baby over 20 weeks (where the act is not being done to protect the mothers/bubs life) is wrong. In my opinion having specific laws to protect a baby is very right.
    So it's ok at 18 weeks? 19? There is nothing clear cut here- this is another problem I see with this law.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (26-11-2013),Lillynix  (26-11-2013)

  8. #275
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    10,012
    Thanks
    14,124
    Thanked
    7,612
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    I suppose it offends you to think that abortion rights might be made to look silly when it can be done for pretty much any reason as long as you know whst to say. .
    I see nothing in any of your posts that have made abortion rights seem silly? Am I missing something?

  9. #276
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,953
    Thanks
    3,680
    Thanked
    1,949
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I do respect your point of view. To understand what I mean, ask yourself why foetus has a right to life. DOes this right come into play from the moment of conception? At that stage it's a bunch of cells. Why does this bunch of cells trump the rights of the woman carrying it? Know what I mean?
    Yes to me it does. From conception its all there mapped out to grow into a little person. Its sex, hair colour, eye colour etc its dna blueprint is all there - not at all just a bunch of cells.

    It may be the very beginning of life, but its still life.

    I know what u mean, and I understand we all have passionate feelings on this subject. For me its my religious views and belief in God that cement the view that its not just the womans choice to do as she pleases - I believe we are accountable for the choices we make. And I dont believe taking anothers life is our right, just because that other person is growing in our own body

    Just my opinion. I know many dont agree but its how it is for me.

    Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  10. #277
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tenambit.
    Posts
    9,037
    Thanks
    1,564
    Thanked
    2,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    I knew that's what you would say. And I will not agree with you because it was in fact easy for me to have approval for. I suppose it offends you to think that abortion rights might be made to look silly when it can be done for pretty much any reason as long as you know whst to say. It was not difficult in the slightest. You really need to be right, that seems to be your point. Have fun with that. I'm not interested in arguing with you about things I know. I was there. It was my experience- you can't tell me otherwise simply because you think so. This argument serves absolutely no useful purpose other than your amusement and self righteousness.
    What!?


    Have I conversed with you on this subject before?

    I have no idea why you are going off like this.

    You said it was "remarkably easy"

    I doubted it was "remarkably easy", based on my understanding of the current laws in place.

    I personally wouldn't call having my case assessed by more than one doctor, or a panel of doctors - "remarkably easy".
    eta. or yes, travelling interstate.

    I acknowledge people may be able to 'play' the current guide lines.

    If we can leave personal attacks out of it (because I'm definitely not trying to attack you).
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 26-11-2013 at 19:48.

  11. #278
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,710
    Thanks
    1,392
    Thanked
    7,295
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Yes to me it does. From conception its all there mapped out to grow into a little person. Its sex, hair colour, eye colour etc its dna blueprint is all there - not at all just a bunch of cells.

    It may be the very beginning of life, but its still life.

    I know what u mean, and I understand we all have passionate feelings on this subject. For me its my religious views and belief in God that cement the view that its not just the womans choice to do as she pleases - I believe we are accountable for the choices we make. And I dont believe taking anothers life is our right, just because that other person is growing in our own body

    Just my opinion. I know many dont agree but its how it is for me.

    Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    But if a woman got raped, she had no choice in that.

    Also, there's plenty of violence in the bible that god encouraged and condoned.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

    beebs  (26-11-2013)

  13. #279
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,806
    Thanks
    7,267
    Thanked
    9,720
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Yes to me it does. From conception its all there mapped out to grow into a little person. Its sex, hair colour, eye colour etc its dna blueprint is all there - not at all just a bunch of cells.

    It may be the very beginning of life, but its still life.

    I know what u mean, and I understand we all have passionate feelings on this subject. For me its my religious views and belief in God that cement the view that its not just the womans choice to do as she pleases - I believe we are accountable for the choices we make. And I dont believe taking anothers life is our right, just because that other person is growing in our own body

    Just my opinion. I know many dont agree but its how it is for me.

    Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Ok, that's fair enough. It's not that I don't get that. I'm not religious though. And we are a secular country. I don't believe religion should dictate legislation. To me, that bunch of cells is a bunch of cells that does grow into a baby. I do appreciate that. I just cannot agree with putting those cells or whatever in a position where they are legally more important than the woman. Thanks for your honesty.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

    Lillynix  (26-11-2013),SoThisIsLove  (26-11-2013)

  15. #280
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,525
    Thanks
    1,890
    Thanked
    2,539
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I read this article way back when at the start of this thread, I interpreted the bill as being for the rights of BOTH mother and unborn child, allowing parents to get justice on behalf of their unborn otherwise healthy baby that is (fatally) injured due to another.

    This bill is not related to abortion in any way! And although I understand the arguments presented and am entirely pro-choice, I just don't see how it relates to this bill, and surely most of the supporters of this bill would NEVER agree to it if it in any way threatened women's rights of bodily autonomy!

    They way I see it, this bill allows for criminal charges on behalf of an unborn child if the parents choose that avenue. This is not about a mothers bodily autonomy at all and I see a clear distinction between that and criminal behaviour of another human causing injury or death. Two different things entirely

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

    Amiedoll  (26-11-2013),delirium  (26-11-2013),snowqu33n  (26-11-2013),wannawannabe  (27-11-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Passed-down family recipes?
    By ~ElectricPink~ in forum Recipes & Lunchbox Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-11-2016, 17:12
  2. *Possible trigger* Zoe's Law
    By 1234Guest in forum Social Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 15:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Shapland Swim Schools
Shapland's at participating schools offer free baby orientation classes once a month - no cost no catches. Your baby will be introduced to our "natural effects" orientation program develop by Shapland's over 3 generations, its gentle and enjoyable.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Heinz Baby Basics
Our BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our brilliant colours, inspired designs and innovative features. Heinz Baby Basics caters for your baby’s needs!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!