+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Its wrong, for yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I see what you're trying to do there But it doesn't fit- you can't have laws that only apply to one person.

You can say "I don't believe in foetal rights trumping the woman's right, when applied to me" as that is your personal choice and no one can change it. You can't say "This law, giving a foetus personhood rights, is wrong for me" because it's legislated so we are all subjected to that, like it or not.
    Last edited by Atropos; 26-11-2013 at 16:33.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Its wrong, for yourself.

Yes for myself, and every other woman who is now told that her rights don't matter because that of the unborn matter more. No matter the expense to the woman! No matter what her personal belief!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (26-11-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My views are that a woman has the right to decide what happens with her body and pregnancy and if she chooses to abort that is her business, no one elses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    Yes for myself, and every other woman who is now told that her rights don't matter because that of the unborn matter more. No matter the expense to the woman! No matter what her personal belief!
    No matter the expense to the unborn, its very life.

There has to be a line in the sand somewhere. Someone has to be the voice for those that dont have one.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (26-11-2013),TheMadHatter  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I see what you're trying to do there But it doesn't fit- you can't have laws that only apply to one person.

You can say "I don't believe in foetal rights trumping the woman's right, when applied to me" as that is your personal choice and no one can change it. You can't say "This law, giving a foetus personhood rights, is wrong for me" because it's legislated so we are all subjected to that, like it or not.
    She said its wrong.

Im saying not everyone agrees. Its her opinion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I don't think it's that simple, but no matter what emotive language people use, the fact remains that to grant an unborn baby extra rights is to remove the rights of the mother... Because you cannot achieve equal rights for both of them because there's always the possibility that one's right to life will risk the other's right to life. So it's impossible for mother and foetus to have the same rights. One has to trump the other in the end. I just don't get why anyone would think that taking away the rights of a living, breathing, independent being so that an unborn who is dependant on another for survival can gain some extra rights. Once it's born and separate, and the rights to bodily autonomy are not on conflict, then both can have equal rights without issue.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (26-11-2013),beebs  (26-11-2013),Lillynix  (26-11-2013),smallpotatoes  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No matter the expense to the unborn, its very life.

There has to be a line in the sand somewhere. Someone has to be the voice for those that dont have one.

But that's just it! Shouldn't that line be drawn by the woman carrying the foetus!? Why is it okay for law to get inside the womb of a woman? How can she not get final say, it is HER body and HER life and HER foetus!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (26-11-2013),beebs  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    But what is "pro-woman"? I am pro-choice, pro-equality, I am pro-living persons rights.

How can you give rights to something not yet born at the expense of a woman already walking the earth? How does she not get a say over her own body? How can you justify that?
    How can u justify a woman doing as she pleases to an unborn child?
    Is any little reason really good enough?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I always tend to fence sit in these debates, as of all the things discussed on this forum, this topic I am the most conflicted in.

I get the point that bringing in this law may take women's rights away (and if kept to the letter I hope it isn't). That pro lifers are forcing their own opinions on others bodies. But I think we need to keep in mind that fighting this law is also forcing your own opinions and removing the right of women who are victims of crime to seek justice. Some women don't consider it as fetus, they consider it a living real baby. Now I know a woman can currently charge a man with assault and GBH for bashing her to the point she loses her baby. But does she not deserve justice for that baby bc SHE considers it more than cells??

I guess I'm more just mulling it over.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (26-11-2013),Mokeybear  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How can u justify a woman doing as she pleases to an unborn child?
    Is any little reason really good enough?

Because; her body, her life, her foetus, her choice.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-11-2013)