+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Seems im allowed an opinion, as long as its the same opinion as the majority on bub hub.

Why cant i say i dont agree with abortion? Im making that decision for myself, obviously i dont have the right to make that decision for anyone else, so why is it an issue? Its not my place to judge.

Two wrongs dont make a right. So in the case of rape etc i still dont agree with it. The baby should not pay for the crime of the father. The case of the little girl in Brazil is an extreme one. Such an awful awful situation. At the end of the day its a situation that should never of happened in the first place, and the decision to abort was not mine to make.

If i was raped, i would not abort. If i was told my baby had a disability or would die shortly after birth, i would not abort.

so yes for MYSELF abortion is wrong, never said it was my right to make that choice for another person.
    Last edited by SoThisIsLove; 26-11-2013 at 12:53.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (26-11-2013),TheMadHatter  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm very close to someone who had a late term abortion in VIC in 2004. She didn't find out she was pregnant until she was 21 weeks. It was easy enough for her to procure the abortion. Can't say it was easy for her mentally though.

Sent from my U8860 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    I was suggesting you and several other would flame me for my last post. What I was suggesting was that you were calling me a liar, which you pretty much are. What ever, i'm out.
    Doubting someone's story isn't exactly 'calling them a liar' -- I actually gave you an opportunity to give some details to add strength to what you would have us believe.

..okay, bye.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Doubting someone's story isn't exactly 'calling them a liar' -- I actually gave you an opportunity to give some details to add strength to what you would have us believe.

..okay, bye.
    And now you are calling her a liar. Because she won't elaborate on something that she had said was hard for her to remember about.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trustno1 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (26-11-2013),SoThisIsLove  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trustno1 View Post
    And now you are calling her a liar. Because she won't elaborate on something that she had said was hard for her to remember about.

If I wish to call someone a liar - I would simply call them a liar.

Personally I think obtaining an abortion post 25 weeks would take more than casually wandering into a place or picking up the phone, using the line, "I can't afford it and think it would be a risk to my mental health".

KaraB decided to put her experience in the thread.
    It sounds like a definite sh!tty situation - and I believe women should not be coerced by their partners.

I know of someone who didn't 'find it that easy' and who ended up having the baby as a result... So I just wants to know more details.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    disagree, and that's where the laws become a problem.

Wen I was pregnant I didn't drink, do drugs, play contact sports etc I did drink some caffeine (limited) and was lectured about it.

Laws like this infringe upon a woman's right to bodily autonomy. Never should laws be passed that would have a woman charged over what she does to herself. There is no equivilant law for men.

It would impact women in so many ways. Whilst we are not the US, we still have extreme people with extreme beliefs. Who believe they are right, and that women come second to a foetus.

There is no foetus without a woman. A woman needs to be the top priority. If she does things to herself, that aren't great for her like all human beings, she may need education, help or just to be left the hell alone to make the choice to play netball or drink one alcoholic drink.

Wen a man harms himself, he should not ever be charged, he needs help, when a woman harms herself she needs the same.
    I just read this properly, no there's not a similar law for men as men can't carry babies!!!!
    Last edited by A-Squared; 26-11-2013 at 14:36.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (26-11-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Yes. I dont agree with taking a human life, no matter the circumstances

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Can I ask what you make of this situation? A woman has a toddler. She finds out that she has a fairly serious skin cancer. She also finds out that she is in the early stages of pregnancy. It would not be safe for the baby to treat the cancer as necessary. If she continues with the pregnancy and has the baby, by the time the baby may be born safely, it will be too late to treat her cancer. Terminate the pregnancy, or die and leave (potentially) 2 children without a mother?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You said this:
    I dont agree with abortion either.

And this:

Yes. I dont agree with taking a human life, no matter the circumstances

Seems im allowed an opinion, as long as its the same opinion as the majority on bub hub.

Why cant i say i dont agree with abortion? Im making that decision for myself, obviously i dont have the right to make that decision for anyone else, so why is it an issue? Its not my place to judge.

Two wrongs dont make a right. So in the case of rape etc i still dont agree with it. The baby should not pay for the crime of the father. The case of the little girl in Brazil is an extreme one. Such an awful awful situation. At the end of the day its a situation that should never of happened in the first place, and the decision to abort was not mine to make.

If i was raped, i would not abort. If i was told my baby had a disability or would die shortly after birth, i would not abort.

so yes for MYSELF abortion is wrong, never said it was my right to make that choice for another person.
    So I don't think it's unreasonable that people assume you were against abortion for everyone. Even in the case of the 9 year old girl you haven't acceded that you think it's acceptable- saying it shouldn't have occurred and it wasn't your decision kind of passes the buck. I have no problem if you or anyone is against abortion for themselves- what I do have an issue with is those who want to legislate against that choice for other.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-11-2013),Lillynix  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly, Atropos.

@SoThisIsLove you made a bold statement of "I don't agree with abortion", which places a judgement on those that have had or are considering or may need the services that an abortion provides.

It is one thing to say that you don't think you'd ever consider an abortion for yourself, but quite another to say "I don't agree with abortion". And quite frankly, no one is asking for you to agree with abortion, simply asking that you place no judgement. Which is exactly what a pro-choice stance is, it is accepting that some women may want to chose that path, and not placing judgement on them or their decisions, no matter what their reasons.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (26-11-2013),beebs  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I just read this properly, no there's not a similar law for me as men can't carry babies!!!!
    The point is that there is no law that interferes with a man's bodily autonomy whereas a law that puts the foetus's rights above the mothers very much does.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-11-2013),GreenMama  (26-11-2013),Lillynix  (26-11-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-11-2013)