+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    KaraB...it sounds like an awful experience. But, did you actually get to the pointy end of it? Like did the Dr say, yes we will do it, here is your appointment?

In QLD at 25 weeks you would need to see 2 doctors, a psychiatrist and a social worker and then the case would be discussed in front of an ethics board. Saying you cannot afford it would not at all come into it. Saying it would affect your mental health would but then you would be assessed by a psychiatrist to establish that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Rocking up to say to some doctors, 'oh hey - I can't afford this and I think my mental health will suffer'

is quite a simplification of 'being assessed'.

If it was 'just that easy' - why have two (or a panel of) doctors? ..so they can just turn to each other with a high five before they scribble their names on a referral? ..I don't think so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I did, all I had to do was book a flight to Victoria and get a hotel room to stay in overnight while the laminaria did it's job and go back the next day. It wasn't difficult at all to organize. I never booked the flight. I felt sick about it all. The whole process is horrendous. I haven't had an abortion in a very long time and thankfully not a late term one. I never will again. Just a regular first trimester abortion is hard enough. Never ever again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    Rocking up to say to some doctors, 'oh hey - I can't afford this and I think my mental health will suffer'

is quite a simplification of 'being assessed'.

If it was 'just that easy' - why have two (or a panel of) doctors? ..so they can just turn to each other with a high five before they scribble their names on a referral? ..I don't think so.
    Well you're free to call me a liar if it makes you feel better. But it's still my experience of it. I'm getting really tired of some of the attitudes on here and the combativeness and belittling when people disagree. I'm over it. Honestly it's not worth it. Go ahead and flame me I don't care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    Well you're free to call me a liar if it makes you feel better. But it's still my experience of it. I'm getting really tired of some of the attitudes on here and the combativeness and belittling when people disagree. I'm over it. Honestly it's not worth it. Go ahead and flame me I don't care.
    I wasn't 'flaming you' - I was doubting it would be that 'easy'.

Yes laws have changed regarding late term abortions, laws vary state to state, and some doctors that performed them have limited or stopped performing them or some have been stopped for legal reasons.

What clinic in Vic were you referred to and what year was it?
    ..may I ask.

Everyone has their on anecdotal tale to tell, I know of a young girl in NSW who fell pregnant against her will, took the morning after pill unsuccessfully, visited two clinics - one turned her away because she was past 18 weeks and one interstate turned her away because she would have been over a certain number of weeks by the time she could arrange financial and travel plans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am not sure why you think it is terrible that it is that easy though? It didn't sound right in your situation for you at all. But if someone has medical issues or a fetus not compatible with life, then yes - it really should be easy. Because the emotional fall out is hard enough to deal with, without having to fight to get it in the first place. Most people don't choose late term abortions for no good reason.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (26-11-2013),FiveInTheBed  (26-11-2013),Lillynix  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I will certainly get flamed for this then.

If that is true, and you think there are no valid circumstances ever, then you must just be plain lacking in empathy. How could you look at the little girl in Brazil, who was abused and made pregnant at 9 years old and told that she would not survive the twin pregnancy it turned out to be. And honestly say to her, that her life was less valid than those fetuses? She ended up getting excommunicated from the Catholic church - as did her mother and the doctors who saved her life. Which led me to believe that the Catholic church in Brazil are evil and they are all going to hell. I am sure, if there is a god, that he would not be cool with a sexually abused child being made to carry and most likely die, twins that were produced via sexual assault. The whole thing makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Yes. I dont agree with taking a human life, no matter the circumstances

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (26-11-2013),Jennaisme  (26-11-2013),Lillynix  (26-11-2013),MrsBid  (26-11-2013),RobinSparkles  (26-11-2013),smallpotatoes  (26-11-2013),Stiflers Mom  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I will certainly get flamed for this then.

If that is true, and you think there are no valid circumstances ever, then you must just be plain lacking in empathy. How could you look at the little girl in Brazil, who was abused and made pregnant at 9 years old and told that she would not survive the twin pregnancy it turned out to be. And honestly say to her, that her life was less valid than those fetuses? She ended up getting excommunicated from the Catholic church - as did her mother and the doctors who saved her life. Which led me to believe that the Catholic church in Brazil are evil and they are all going to hell. I am sure, if there is a god, that he would not be cool with a sexually abused child being made to carry and most likely die, twins that were produced via sexual assault. The whole thing makes me sick.
    I totally agree. That case was horrifying. I don't know how the powers that be in this scenario can sleep at night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think people find it easier to say that abortion shouldn't be allowed when they aren't the ones who have to tell people their lives are worthless and not worth saving.

I think they find it easier when they don't have to look at women who are raped and abused and tell them they have to live with the physical outcome of that for the rest of their lives because they aren't as important.

I think they find it easier to say it because they live in a country where they have access to it and aren't going to die due to choice being taken away from them. They don't ever have to face the prospect of dying because suddenly, they find their bodies don't belong to them.

This message is bought to you by my phone and is not part of my post.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    I wasn't 'flaming you' - I was doubting it would be that 'easy'.

Yes laws have changed regarding late term abortions, laws vary state to state, and some doctors that performed them have limited or stopped performing them or some have been stopped for legal reasons.

What clinic in Vic were you referred to and what year was it?
    ..may I ask.

Everyone has their on anecdotal tale to tell, I know of a young girl in NSW who fell pregnant against her will, took the morning after pill unsuccessfully, visited two clinics - one turned her away because she was past 18 weeks and one interstate turned her away because she would have been over a certain number of weeks by the time she could arrange financial and travel plans.
    I was suggesting you and several other would flame me for my last post. What I was suggesting was that you were calling me a liar, which you pretty much are. What ever, i'm out.