+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Yes it is. Abortions can be performed up to 36 weeks. It's uncommon and not as straightforward to obtain, but it is indeed legal in most states in Australia.

However, that was not my point. My point was, you cannot charge a woman for causing harm to an unborn foetus if abortion is legal.
    Actually- late term abortion in Victoria is remarkably easy to attain. I should know I was almost forced into having one by a controlling bf years ago. You'd be surprised at how easy it is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Yes. I dont agree with taking a human life, no matter the circumstances

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    What if someone was raped? Or raped by a family member? Just curious as to whether you think that women should still have to have that baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    Actually- late term abortion in Victoria is remarkably easy to attain. I should know I was almost forced into having one by a controlling bf years ago. You'd be surprised at how easy it is
    My understanding is that now it requires 2 doctors to asses the need and agree. I'm not sure if it's the same as when you had your experience. I don't think it's a very high number of late term abortions occurring in AU

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I dont agree with abortion either.

For yourself.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-11-2013),onionskin  (26-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. I dont agree with taking a human life, no matter the circumstances

For yourself.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-11-2013),peanutmonkey  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My understanding is that now it requires 2 doctors to asses the need and agree. I'm not sure if it's the same as when you had your experience. I don't think it's a very high number of late term abortions occurring in AU
    Depends what it's for....... If it's for abnormalities that aren't diagnosed until after the 20 week scan, then yes most doctors would agree to a fetocide and early induction of labour.

If it's simply because you don't want to be pregnant, then that would be a lot harder to get approved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Depends what it's for....... If it's for abnormalities that aren't diagnosed until after the 20 week scan, then yes most doctors would agree to a fetocide and early induction of labour.

If it's simply because you don't want to be pregnant, then that would be a lot harder to get approved.
    Yes, that's what I thought. I don't believe it's very common- but it IS legal.

Thanks
    Reviews

Actually you can just say you can't afford it and that your mental health will suffer- it's that easy :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    Actually you can just say you can't afford it and that your mental health will suffer- it's that easy :/
    For late-term abortions? Where the baby would either need to be terminated by lethal injection before delivery or would be born alive? I find it very hard to believe that "I can't afford it" would have two doctors agree to do a termination after 20 weeks.

Before 12 weeks, then absolutely.

Yes, that's what I thought. I don't believe it's very common- but it IS legal.
    For fetal abnormalities, probably more common than you actually think.....
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 26-11-2013 at 11:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For late-term abortions? Where the baby would either need to be terminated by lethal injection before delivery or would be born alive? I find it very hard to believe that "I can't afford it" would have two doctors agree to do a termination after 20 weeks.

Before 12 weeks, then absolutely.

For fetal abnormalities, probably more common than you actually think.....
    Yes i know first hand. Saying you can't afford it on it's own isn't enough you have to say your mental health would be adversely affected. Look you don't have to believe me if you don't want to but I'm telling you now that it's quite easy to do and I was about 25 weeks at the time. I hate the idea of the whole thing, I can't believe I even enquired for that selfish SOB. And I don't believe I could have gone through with it. Either way it's true. It might be different now. But at the time it was remarkably easy.