+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Why?
    Should she be charged with a crime for hitting her own body? Look at it like this- Should she be charged for eating a ham sandwich? Of course not- but where is the line drawn? Both constitute risk to the foetus.
    I think the difference is one intends to cause harm the other is a risk - just as getting into a car would be

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I think the difference is one intends to cause harm the other is a risk - just as getting into a car would be

The ex said she was hitting her belly and saying look how "hard" this baby is- not trying to hurt it. However misguided and strange her behaviour was, it does not seem she was trying to harm the foetus. And even if so- where does that leave abortion?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I just saw this article on a news website and I got to thinking if an incidence such as this (this happened in the UK) would be used to challenge the exemption from prosecuting a woman for something that she did to herself during pregnancy. I am not suggesting that is necessarily should (although if the account of the incident is correct I assume she is not fit to raise a child).

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...y-with-hammer/
    I shouldn't have clicked that link We would give anything for a healthy, viable baby.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (26-11-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The ex said she was hitting her belly and saying look how "hard" this baby is- not trying to hurt it. However misguided and strange her behaviour was, it does not seem she was trying to harm the foetus. And even if so- where does that leave abortion?
    I dont agree with abortion either.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I shouldn't have clicked that link We would give anything for a healthy, viable baby.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I dont agree with abortion either.

While I disagree, I do respect your right to your opinion. Can I ask, does this apply in ALL circumstances?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I also think she should be given help... If she needs it. I think though that first has to come authorities stepping in and stopping what she's doing, and charging her. If she truly has a mental condition then her lawyer can plead that at trial. And care can be part of the plan/the entirety of it. But the first priority (IMO) has to be looking after the innocent, viable life that is inside the belly that she is hitting with a hammer.
    disagree, and that's where the laws become a problem.

Wen I was pregnant I didn't drink, do drugs, play contact sports etc I did drink some caffeine (limited) and was lectured about it.

Laws like this infringe upon a woman's right to bodily autonomy. Never should laws be passed that would have a woman charged over what she does to herself. There is no equivilant law for men.

It would impact women in so many ways. Whilst we are not the US, we still have extreme people with extreme beliefs. Who believe they are right, and that women come second to a foetus.

There is no foetus without a woman. A woman needs to be the top priority. If she does things to herself, that aren't great for her like all human beings, she may need education, help or just to be left the hell alone to make the choice to play netball or drink one alcoholic drink.

Wen a man harms himself, he should not ever be charged, he needs help, when a woman harms herself she needs the same.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (26-11-2013),beebs  (26-11-2013),BigRedV  (26-11-2013),onionskin  (26-11-2013),RobinSparkles  (26-11-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (26-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    You're comparing the two? Abortion in late term pregnancy is not allowed, do there's no comparison.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    You're comparing the two? Abortion in late term pregnancy is not allowed, do there's no comparison.
    Yes it is. Abortions can be performed up to 36 weeks. It's uncommon and not as straightforward to obtain, but it is indeed legal in most states in Australia.

However, that was not my point. My point was, you cannot charge a woman for causing harm to an unborn foetus if abortion is legal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    While I disagree, I do respect your right to your opinion. Can I ask, does this apply in ALL circumstances?
    Yes. I dont agree with taking a human life, no matter the circumstances