+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just thought I would update...his gross motor skills are perfect but his fine motor was a bit less than what it should be...she told me not to worry about that though he seems fine. Out of 60 he scored 20 for speech I knew it would be bad because he only has 5 words he says regulary. He used to have a good amount of words but doesn't say them anymore...like never. She said he might be like that because of ds2 being born. I know she wasn't meaning it this way but now I feel like People think I dont spend enough time with him. I feel like Its my fault because I was pregnant and couldnt always manage playing with him and teaching him.

I told her about his gagging and that I was worried about possible sensory issues so she did a questionaire. The cut off was below 50 and he scored 60 so not too bad but still something we definitely need to look at. So she has sent a referral off to the child development team who will organise an assessment and go from there.... She said it can take up to a month for them to contact me about an appointment. I know in my heart he needs speech therapy and it probably wont change but Im still hoping he will start talking more.

I feel good and relieved that we have started the process but Im feeling terribly sad about it aswell. I feel like Its my fault and that I have somehow failed him. I know these things happen and Its definitely not the end of the world, it could be worse. But for now we will enjoy Christmas and wait for the call and in the mean time keep doing what we are doing.

Thank you both so much, if it wasnt for you I probably would have brushed aside the gagging and thought it was a phase. So thank you both heaps xox

Oh and sorry for the woe is me post...you both have it so tough and have been through so much so I hate to make it seem like Its so much worse.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *hugs*

Thats probably the best outcome at the present time.

But also so scary for you.

Please don't let mummy guilt consume
    You. I tried to play the blame game to my speechy and every single thing i came up with "i let him have a dummy for too long, i did this i didnt do enough of that" etc speechy said all of it would not have made a difference

Im glad you're headed in the right direction and theres a plan. Goodluck hunni xox

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for your kind words ZE Im going to make a good effort to not blame myself xoxo