+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Facebook business page

Hi all ,
    I'm looking into starting a Facebook page and website selling new clothes. I'm currently getting family tax B and rent assistance. I am also on PPL until that runs out.

My question is will I need to declare the earning to centrelink as Income like I was working or is there x amount I can receive before having to declare?
    I don't even know if I should be paying tax on the profit I make ?
    I have an ABN and have made my page and uploaded my stock and haven't set it to public yet as I dont know what to do with centrelink and I dont want to get In deep **** if I get caught not declaring properly ?! Also can I be earning an income while on PPL ?
    Sorry for lots of questions but I can't find the answers anywhere and dont want to spend 2 hours on the phone

Sent from my Samsung galaxy using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should ring the ATO because it's important you do it right to avoid big trouble. You may need to apply for an ABN and once/if you reach a certain income (I want to say $8000 but that could be wrong) you're required to pay tax. Good luck on your new business!

Age 20, engaged, mummy to 3yo DS and TTC his sibling! Living life backwards

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I will ring the ATO today and hopefully they can fill me in on tax and I'm thinking centrelink will be dumb as per usual and talk jibberish .. Thankyou another question can I post my page on here so people can come look ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so I spoke to the ATO and worked out the tax component and have been I touch with centrelink .
    I had a feeling about this but , at the moment in receiving Paid Parental Leave .. And you can't earn an income while being paid. So unless I earn more that what I'm being paid from centrelink it's not worth opening my business until the payments stop .

Parental Leave Pay is paid to the child’s primary carer and eligible parents may get up to 18 weeks pay based on the rate of the National Minimum Wage. They must be on paid or unpaid leave and not working from the time they become their child’s primary carer until the end of their Paid Parental Leave period.

So working / running a business and receiving an income while getting PPL means I would have to repay quite a lot of money !!