+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone had a failed vasectomy?

I am hoping my dates are wrong but I am 5 days over. Dh had a vasectomy in November 2011. He went back for his first check to be told there were a few swimming still and to come back again in a month. That time one had still gotten through but was not live. So he had to go back again in a month and that time was given the all clear. I was still hesitant but after a while got used to it.

2 yrs on and no sign of AF. Dh is older ,46, so I am doubting the vasectomy suddenly failed. I track my AF on my iPad app but forgot to put in my last one. I am a 25 day to the day cycle. So was able to count from the prior one. And remembered from daily events then when I had it. I did ovulate too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No real advice sorry but why don't you test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you scared?

from mum of 3 gorgeous blessings

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't been through it personally, but my uncle had a vasectomy and had the all clear that there were no more swimmers. His wife fell pregnant about 3 years later. He got checked again and was again given the all clear that there were no swimming. She fell pregnant again a year after. So they decided that she would have her tubes tied so that they wouldn't have anymore because obviously the vasectomy didn't take properly. 2 years later lo and behold she was pregnant again. Not sure what contraception they use now but they haven't had any more babies so I think it may be working.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rodeobull For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (21-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A workmate got pregnant after her husband had had a vasectomy. It can happen. Why not just test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh going to test today. Was hoping you would all say it's not possible lol. Slight denial

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 3ratbags For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (21-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have known of 2 seperate friends who have fallen pregnant after partners have had vasectomy and given the all clear, it can rejoin, its rare but does happen

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (21-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It hasn't happened to me but when hubby got the snip we were warned that (in rare cases) it can rejoin and the man can become fertile again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to see what the test results are Good luck. Would it be a terrible thing if you were pregnant? Or could you learn to be happy about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not against it but mentally I don't know how I would cope with 4 kids. Our 3rd child definitely was our last and I had my head around it. To start over agin I just don't know how I would cope. Dh on the other hand would freak completely