+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Coming to live in Alice Springs

Hi everyone im Katie at present im living in England and me and my family are coming to live over there in Febuary/March time and im wanting to make new friends. I have a 4 year old son and a 6 month old daughter we enjoy going out and about with friends.

Wondering if anyone could help me find baby groups to go to? and what the schools are like? when we finally get over there be great to meet some new friends as over here im always meeting my friends and letting the kiddies have a play.

So much for me to find out and thought this would be a good place to start and to come on here and say hello to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just moved from Alice after being there most of my life so I know a thing or two. There are a couple of facebook groups you might want to join (Alice springs community open forum would be one to look at). Feel free to pm me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, the open forum is very entertaining and perhaps more suited to the more seasoned veteran of Alice with a strong opinion regarding the running of the town There are plenty of playgroups you can attend and ways to meet other mums, feel free to PM me also, I just met a mum from Newcastle the other day that was lovely

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rookiemum For This Useful Post:

katiesuzarthur  (21-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, the open forum is very entertaining and perhaps more suited to the more seasoned veteran of Alice with a strong opinion regarding the running of the town. There are plenty of playgroups you can attend and ways to meet other mums, feel free to PM me also, I just met a mum from Newcastle the other day that was lovely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi thanks for your message where have you moved to now? whats it like in Alice springs? we are moving as my partners been offered a job there and we are right at the end of submitting our visa we have been waiting for 2 years now and we are nearly at the end of our journey to start a new life there as its so expensive in the uk now. I have joined the facebook group but i have been waiting for days and i still havent been excepted yet. Theres so much more for me to learn about it over there. What age do children go to school there? as here my son would be going at the age of 5. How far away are you from Alice Springs now? and what is there to do there? thanks Katie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rookiemum thanks for your message i did try to send a message last night but my internet started playing up. How do i pm you? as you can tell im new to this site how did you meet your new friend from newcastle? i havent been to newcastle. At present im living in Northamptonshire and its our winter and freezing here it was -5 last night. As you have lovely weather there and i look forward to it me and my family love the summer here when its not raining and love being out doors and love a barbie. What do you like to do over there? and do you go to any groups? speak to you soon katie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I just got your message

I have no idea how to PM you! I met her through my mothers group. When are you headed here?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe your profile is private??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi i have just seen this now how are you? im moving there in a few weeks im just waiting on my furniture to get there it left the uk on the 30th of january so its just a waiting game now i have been told it should be there the end of march. My partner is already over there and im staying at my mums with my children until he sorts on a house and then im coming and i cant wait. What baby groups would you recommend? speak to you soon