Closed Thread
Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's the main reason I went dark. So I wouldn't be peroxiding whilst I'm utd. I went the colour closest to natural as possible so it could grow out with no roots showing :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    Yay hope what did you get?
    Well I had hair down to my bra strap in length with ombre through it (dark roots, lighter ends)...now it is just a cm past my shoulders all brown...I haven't had hair this short in over 10 years So really, since I was in high school. My girlfriends are going to get a shock tonight. We are having a xmas dinner 7 ladies and we're all bringing a dish. Can't wait What's everyone else up to?

MrsT, good plan going dark! My sister did the same thing. She also chopped all her hair off about 6 months before she got utd...I wonder if this will be a coincidence with her, just like our age was when we got married hmmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would love to cut all my hair off for simplicity but I just can't bring myself to do it. Mine is down to my bra strap and is half way between wavy and curly. The shorter I cut it the worse the curls fall unfortunately.

Edit- I haven't cut my hair since I was 17 for my gr12 formal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    While we are on the subject, what's everyone's thoughts on colouring hair whilst pregnant? Most research seems to suggest its ok and I there was a hairdresser working in the salon I go to all the way through her pregnancy....

I usually dye my light brown hair, very dark brown almost black....not sure I want massive roots showing for months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charli22 View Post
    While we are on the subject, what's everyone's thoughts on colouring hair whilst pregnant? Most research seems to suggest its ok and I there was a hairdresser working in the salon I go to all the way through her pregnancy....

I usually dye my light brown hair, very dark brown almost black....not sure I want massive roots showing for months!
    Personally I think it's totally fine

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (22-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charli22 View Post

I dyed my hair during my last two pregnancies. It's safe but I think it's also personal choice, my SIL doesn't dye her hair whilst she's preg

Thanks
    Reviews
    They've done tests, and there's no substantial proof either way. There is plenty of scenarios where everyone was fine. I'm just happy to go without, so I figured I may as well :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought it was fine so long as the dye doesn't contain ammonia and doesn't touch your scalp. I hear foils are fine. But as said before hairdressers can work straight through while pregnant and are fine.

Girls I'm just about 8 weeks and am already starting to show! There is no hiding this bump! I have a feeling I'm going to have to tell everyone before the 12 week mark.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cocoblue For This Useful Post:

clucky_duck  (22-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I.....ahem... have an infection (thrush) and I'm due to ovulate any day now. Talk about timing
    Last edited by LouLaa; 22-12-2013 at 07:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoblue View Post
    I thought it was fine so long as the dye doesn't contain ammonia and doesn't touch your scalp. I hear foils are fine. But as said before hairdressers can work straight through while pregnant and are fine.

Girls I'm just about 8 weeks and am already starting to show! There is no hiding this bump! I have a feeling I'm going to have to tell everyone before the 12 week mark.
    OMG coco my belly is bigger too and I'm only 4 weeks and (pretty sure) not having twins like you! It's all bloating of course but still. I got my latest hcg, at 17dpo it was 2130 so I think maybe my body is getting prepared really early.