Closed Thread
Page 57 of 87 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Bulbasaur is offline Life is to short to live without icecream
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoblue View Post
    Lex so sorry to hear your hcg levels are dropping so slowly. I hope the OB can help.

Hello to everyone new!

I have some crazy news. So we had our dating scan. Officially due 5 August. But likely to be earlier because I'm expecting twins!!!!!!!! Omg!!!!!

They're measuring 1 cm and have heart beats of 150 and 148.

Attachment 47916
    Wowsers!!!! How exciting! I'm so happy for you and slightly jealous lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats coco blue!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefully_a_fertile_mertile View Post
    Random question girls...if you haven't had ewcm can you still ovulate? I have had it in the past, just not this first month off being off BX...just trying to read my cycle..
    I never really notice ewcm at a particular time. Only normal 'wetness' when having sex- sorry for the tmi but just wanted to reassure you. I found OPK's the best way for me to pinpoint ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    Omg just told a member of DP family we will be TTC next year and I got a whole list of downsides. I'm not even joking I knew nobody would be happy about us having a baby but now I feel totally discouraged like I'm not good enough to have a baby . Like I don't know I won't get any sleep. And like I don't know the basics. Jesus. I kept trying to come back with answers to bring a positive spin back to the conversation but I wasn't successful. That was my first official disapproval ladies
    Don't tell anyone else just make it a special time for you and DH. Other people really have no idea how these comments can make you feel! They are obviously bitter about something- who is to say your parenting journey will be anything like that? Not to brag but I got plenty of sleep with my DS. All babies/pregnancies/parents are different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omg just told a member of DP family we will be TTC next year and I got a whole list of downsides. I'm not even joking I knew nobody would be happy about us having a baby but now I feel totally discouraged like I'm not good enough to have a baby . Like I don't know I won't get any sleep. And like I don't know the basics. Jesus. I kept trying to come back with answers to bring a positive spin back to the conversation but I wasn't successful. That was my first official disapproval ladies
    Wow. That's a bit harsh! What on earth made them feel justified to do that to you two?

Ignore it, hun. They're obviously unhappy themselves and in that situation, you'll never be able to convince them otherwise. *hug*

Thanks
    Reviews
    They told me that it's a huge step ( do I look stupid) and said they weren't trying to be rude but do I have health insurance ( they don't!) do I have thousands saved, have I thought about a check up and how I will get no sleep and her and her boyfriend were rock solid before a child and the first year almost broke them and he cried for 3 months straight. But it's fun. Then told me about orange sized clots and you can die.... But it's fun. I regret ever saying anything and now I fear she will go tell everyone which I don't want. The first reaction was. :-I really? So put off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crafmy: we have the same issues with my inlaws. . We have had a general talk..i would not tell them before i am 3 mokths pregnant as they dont understand.. they dont really like me and think am a gold digger, what do i know about kids? I must be stupid.. then i tell them i was an aupair for 3 kids in the states, show them my bank statement and tell them to not talk about how useless and stupid o am ever again. . Also said that if i ever have kids and they dont put in an effort to accept me than they wont be seing their future grand kids much.. so much effort. .and it hurts as i am norwegian and have all mu family back in norway.. his family is all i have so i do everuthing i can for them to like me.. but am not gonna sit there watching them treat me like ****.. its hard.. but thank god for supportive dp and friends♥

All the best to u.. everyone know parenting is hard but most people also say they would never go back. I wish u all the best and am sure u and ur partner will be great parents, and thatcthe family will change their attitude

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We will be facing disapproval also, but I know ultimately the news will be accepted and then enjoyed. Just gotta get through all the stupid questions just like above. Are you sure you're ready, this is a big step, you don't understand what you're doing etc. they won't know until we are actually utd, but we will tell them fairly early still. I know DHs mother will be initially against it, but really she just wants us to be happy. When she comes around she will be ecstatic.

Ewcm is an indication that you are ovulating, but no ewcm doesn't mean you're not ovulating. In saying that, it is an aid for the sperm so when u are ttc maybe consider a lube to help replicate it if you don't produce it. Don't ever use normal lube though as that kills sperm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They told me that it's a huge step ( do I look stupid) and said they weren't trying to be rude but do I have health insurance ( they don't!) do I have thousands saved, have I thought about a check up and how I will get no sleep and her and her boyfriend were rock solid before a child and the first year almost broke them and he cried for 3 months straight. But it's fun. Then told me about orange sized clots and you can die.... But it's fun. I regret ever saying anything and now I fear she will go tell everyone which I don't want. The first reaction was. :-I really? So put off
    Aw hun please don't get disheartened. She is projecting her experiences onto you which is not fair and unrealistic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies who are first time ttc be prepared for lots more of what crafty is experiencing- everybody has their 2c when it comes to pregnancy/parenting. Just take what you want from their advice and leave the rest- it's your own journey