Closed Thread
Page 46 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    babymaker88 i totally understand where you are coming from. DH and I are both university graduates and I have a masters degree but other people have always seemed better off than us. when DD was born we were up to our eyeballs in debt, and only halfway through renovating a house which had not been fit to live in when we started. However, everything we have now we have worked our butts off for and it's taken several years but it does pay off in the long term. we just didn't have the short term pleasure of getting what we wanted at the beginning. fwiw i think those of us who work for what we have appreciate it more and actually have more in the long term. people looked down their noses at us when we bought our first house because it was so terrible, but by renovating it ourselves and having that time, we were able to pay off some of our debts, and now it is rented out to someone else and we now own a house in which our first home could fit into the top mezzanine floor! so I wouldn't let it get to me too much if I were you

btw DH and I are 30 and we bought that first house only 5 years ago...just keep pressing on and you will get there
    Last edited by jussi; 08-12-2013 at 19:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babymakers88 View Post
    It feels like that crafty hey!!! My uncle and aunty had their 3rd this year and said they'll be going for one more and I wanted to say something but we're trying to keep it to ourselves! Lol it's so hard and I feel like we're going to be talked about when we do announce we are (hopefully sooner rather than later!)

actually my uncle mentioned that they waited for their first until they had $20k saved! There is no way in hell we're waiting for that! If we do we'll never have kids cos we're saving for our house! Lol like we could use our deposit but means well never get a house! Argh finances are a killer! I just get myself all angry because both DH and I went to uni and have lived out of home since 18 yet everyone around us seems to get what they want when they want it handed to them on a silver platter! Lol

Ok whinge over thanks for listening! Lol
    This is totally us!! We are saving for a house, I've been out of home since I was 17 years old, completely stressed about finances since like forever and all my friends all still living at home going out drinking and buying brand new stereos n cars n blah blah blah.....
    Now we want to start a family and trying to do it the right way but that means finding the middle ground between not waiting forever but still waiting til we are truly ready. Gaaaargh I'm sick of over thinking...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftymamabris View Post
    Lol that fart sounds like it did "take you higher" lol

My bf has never farted in front of me. One time we were asleep and spooning and had no clothes on and I farted on his leg and he was like wtf and hoped I hadn't crapped myself hahahaha so funny but shameful.

Omg I think BIL has told everyone they're either pregnant or TTC. Damn it. My partner is a real "don't steal the thunder" type of guy, so I'm hoping he doesn't put it back. They were all here today talking about babies and DTD ( which makes me cringe because my BIL looks like a scrawny broom with the personality of one) it sucks they're all playing happy families and talking about their plans and I have to keep mine a secret like it's some major scandal
    I can't believe your partner has never let fluffy off the chain in front of you?!!! What a gentleman hahaha

Has anyone ever played fart tennis?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jussi View Post
    babymaker88 i totally understand where you are coming from. DH and I are both university graduates and I have a masters degree but other people have always seemed better off than us. when DD was born we were up to our eyeballs in debt, and only halfway through renovating a house which had not been fit to live in when we started. However, everything we have now we have worked our butts off for and it's taken several years but it does pay off in the long term. we just didn't have the short term pleasure of getting what we wanted at the beginning. fwiw i think those of us who work for what we have appreciate it more and actually have more in the long term. people looked down their noses at us when we bought our first house because it was so terrible, but by renovating it ourselves and having that time, we were able to pay off some of our debts, and now it is rented out to someone else and we now own a house in which our first home could fit into the top mezzanine floor! so I wouldn't let it get to me too much if I were you

btw DH and I are 30 and we bought that first house only 5 years ago...just keep pressing on and you will get there
    I envy women like you. I haven't done much at all. I wish I had the brains to have gone to uni. I'm more a hands-on person though. Once this bub-2-be-hopefully-sooner-rather-than-later comes along, I want to BE "someone". Horticulture might not be much but i really enjoy every bit of it. So I need some kind of study in the field.

Good luck with your journey jussi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Takemehigher For This Useful Post:

jussi  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Fart tennis... I'm not sure if I'm intrigued or disturbed lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow jussi you've really made me feel like it's achievable! I was just sick of others getting everything they want and having no set backs! We're getting there but I just feel occasionally like we should be buying house before falling not while pregnant just to have a few more months up our sleeves! Then I think why should we when there's ppl out there who are no where near as stable as us and plan kids! I need to stop thinking so far ahead lol

Now just to let things happen!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Babymakers88 For This Useful Post:

jussi  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Jussi

Honestly you never get anywhere good without some hard yakka. In any case, if 'those' ppl get everything they want and so easily they may lose appreciation for things and become complacent and heaven forbid if something doesn't quite go there way or they are struck with adversity, their resilience might not nearly be as good as yours! It's hard to be positive at times like this, but sometimes I think it's better to go through tougher times!! It def has made me more compassionate and willing to lend a hand to others. Renovating our old house tested my nerves!

Speaking of that house, we had our first home open yesterday eeek so it's now just a waiting game until it hopefully sells soon

Farting, hahah I am a 'bad influence' on my gf's....my bff said she cant fart in front of her now DH. This was years ago...so I said, what he wants you to get bowel cancer and stomach cramps. Just do it, it'll be fine. So she did, and all is good now hahah. DH doesn't like it when I do, but doesn't really complain. I sometimes think my DH has irritable bowel syndrome because he does it so often LOL. I blame it on the 'army' man in him. No idea what fart tennis is LOL.

Had some really sad news just now...Mother-in-law told DH that his brother and SIL had a miscarriage the other day and just had to have a d&c...she was 11 weeks. So, so sad I'm not going to contact her just yet because I don't know if MIL was supposed to tell us or not. So will wait a couple of weeks and then contact her if she hasn't told us by then. It's heartbreaking!

Have my ultrasound to see if I have PCOS tomorrow afternoon. Quite nervy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope that's so sad bout your family :-( good decision to wait it out, but will be good for her that you can be there for her when the times right xx
    What makes you think you have pcos?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is sad hey MrsT I knew she was having issues because MIL said she has PCOS and was having clomid...poor thing! I just said to DH, they probably wanted to share their BFP at Christmas. So sad it didn't work out that way

I think I may because my sister has it and my mum had troubles conceiving so I think she had undiagnosed PCOS...my periods were pretty regular before I went on BC last year...so hoping that means I don't. I did have blood tests 2 years ago and they came back as not having it. But I guess you can never be 100% until they look at your ovaries. I just want to know good and proper if I do/don't have it. As my new GP said (who asked if I wanted the ultrasound), it's better to know now and do something to prepare, than not know and waste time TTC with no BFPs. Honestly, he impressed me so much in that 20 minute appt, than any GP I've ever had in my adult life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well that's a good thing; get it out of the way, know one way or the other. Like you say it will save time worrying if nothing else.
    I always consider the possibility that one of us has problems but guess we will be taking the wait n see approach on that one lol.